Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-20-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
How can I replace CC 5.4.4.21 with CC 5.4.4.19 ?

Hello,

As many other users, I'm experiencing a lot of troubles with this #@ù$*€! release of Calibre Companion (5.4.4.21) which no longer connect to Calibre, and no longer recognize reading app.

On an old Phone, I have a Calibre Companion 5.4.4.19 which is perfect.

I wonder How I can transfer it to my current phone in order to replace 5.4.4.21

Thank you if you can help !
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #2
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast

It seems that the problem is not caused by 5.4.4.21 ! Because before I think to cancel auto-update My old phone has installed CC 5.4.4.21 and it continues to do the Job, So I really don't understand what causes the trouble on my current phone ...
Old 12-21-2023, 05:13 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the issue is related to Google API level changes and Android levels. Google has in newer versions severely restricted the ability of an application to read / write wherever ir wants in the Android file system.

Quite likely the recent "update" of CC was to start using the newer SDK to avoid CC being removed from the Google Play Store.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 05:00 AM   #4
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast

What I really don't understand, is the fact that all has been suddenly broken with no Android update ...
Old 12-23-2023, 12:28 PM   #5
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
CC 5.4.3.3 still works on Calibre 7.2.0 for me. I use it on my Nook GL3 (Android 4.4.2), Moaan InkPalm 5 (Android 8.1), and Samsung A54 (Android 14).

It doesn't work as well as it used to. Calibre has to rescan all the books on the device every time which takes up to 3 minutes for 1100 books. It also resends metadata for about 300 books every time which takes another minute or so.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:42 PM   #6
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzir View Post
CC 5.4.3.3 still works on Calibre 7.2.0 for me. I use it on my Nook GL3 (Android 4.4.2), Moaan InkPalm 5 (Android 8.1), and Samsung A54 (Android 14).

It doesn't work as well as it used to. Calibre has to rescan all the books on the device every time which takes up to 3 minutes for 1100 books. It also resends metadata for about 300 books every time which takes another minute or so.
OUch, my library is more than 30 times bigger ...

It's going worse and worse. I've created a new CC library ,and began to upload books. Everything seemed to function (except transfer to reading app), and suddenly, CC is unable to connect to Calibre : The device is recognized since its name appears Calibre, but time out error when asking to Calibre what metadata it needs. No problem for the connection to content server ...

I really don't understand what append ...

And Worse of all, all is ok on my old phone, connection, transfer, reading. CC 5.4.4.21, but Android 10.

On my current phone CC 5.4.4.21 and Android 13 ( but the 13 was installed for a while)
Old 12-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Calibre Companion 5.4.4.19 (410)

Here.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 04:41 AM   #8
zzaino
Enthusiast
zzaino began at the beginning.

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
Device: Kindle paperwhite
I try the above apk and it works well (first disinstall 5.4.4.21).
CC now reads ebooks (cbz,cbr, pdf ecc.) with your favourite app!!!!!!!!!!!
zzaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 04:42 AM   #9
zzaino
Enthusiast

Location: I live in the best town in the best region in the best country of the world: Lucca, Toscana, Italia.
I tried the above apk and it works well!!!!
Old 12-29-2023, 04:43 AM   #10
zzaino
Enthusiast

I tried yhe above apk and it works well!!!!