Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-06-2023, 12:41 AM   #1
binqbonq
binqbonq began at the beginning.

Device: m2 macbook and cellphone
Secure Content Server with obsidian-calibre-plugin?

Preface: I am new to calibre but and very grateful for such an amazing software and community. I apologize if this is a redundant question/wrong place, but I did 1+ hours of searching online with no solutions.

Goal: Sync my annotations in obsidian-calibre-plugin with Calibre

Problem: I do not see anywhere to "login" in the obsidian-calibre-plugin

Reasoning: My understanding is the only way for Calibre to sync in obsidian is with a secure (username/password login) content server in Calibre.
Has this been addressed yet? Does anyone have any work arounds? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 12.41.13 AM.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	204135  
binqbonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 05:02 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you haven't already, you should probably pop this issue into @caronchen's Github page you reference.

Moderator Notice
The MR calibre->plugins subforum relates to 3rd party plugin for calibre itself. I moved your post to here because you're referring to a plugin to Obsidian that uses the calibre server.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:31 PM   #3
binqbonq
binqbonq began at the beginning.

Device: m2 macbook and cellphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you haven't already, you should probably pop this issue into @caronchen's Github page you reference.

The MR calibre->plugins subforum relates to 3rd party plugin for calibre itself. I moved your post to here because you're referring to a plugin to Obsidian that uses the calibre server.
BR
No worries, I appreciate it and yeah I did post to the plug-in's github as well.

As of now, the annotations in Calibre book viewer and the content server are not syncing. If I launch the content server with "Allow un-authenticated local connections to make changes", shouldn't anyone accessing the server that makes annotations sync with the Calibre program?
binqbonq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help desk, obsidian, plugin