Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
ordering of titles on PocketBook 360+

Not sure if this is the right place so please forgive me if it's not. I recently bought a pocketbook 360+ and love it. My problem is that when I import books from calibre they go into folders in alphabetical order by title. Is there a way to organize books on the pocketbook 360 by tags/columns/series number etc. in calibre?
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
Not sure if this is the right place so please forgive me if it's not. I recently bought a pocketbook 360+ and love it. My problem is that when I import books from calibre they go into folders in alphabetical order by title. Is there a way to organize books on the pocketbook 360 by tags/columns/series number etc. in calibre?
Read about Send to Device Templates: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
theducks,

thanks for the reply. This was helpful. That is the right track. I changed the save template for my device but need help tweaking it to get it just right. I have
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3.2} {title} as my save template and it produces this: 001 Duke and I, The
002 Viscount Who Loved Me
02. Viscount Who Loved Me 2nd epilogue

I can't figure out how to get the index to read 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 etc. I can't get the .5 to show and I don't want the leading zeros, although I will keep them if I can get the rest to work. The title is also slightly off - example - the first book should appear as The Duke snd I and the second should be The Viscount Who Loved Me etc. I would really appreciate help refining this.
thank you very much
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
theducks,

thanks for the reply. This was helpful. That is the right track. I changed the save template for my device but need help tweaking it to get it just right. I have
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3.2} {title} as my save template and it produces this: 001 Duke and I, The
002 Viscount Who Loved Me
02. Viscount Who Loved Me 2nd epilogue

I can't figure out how to get the index to read 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 etc. I can't get the .5 to show and I don't want the leading zeros, although I will keep them if I can get the rest to work. The title is also slightly off - example - the first book should appear as The Duke snd I and the second should be The Viscount Who Loved Me etc. I would really appreciate help refining this.
thank you very much
IMHO you want at least 1 leading 0 if your series will ever go to 10 or more (<100) (I find using a space (an invisible character, asking for confusion ) to sort correctly
Code:
 use {series_index:0>2s} for leading spaces
I don't try and force the decimal formatting and it just works
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I don't want the leading zeros, although I will keep them if I can get the rest to work.
If you don't have the leading zeros, then books in the same series will sort 1, 11, 2 instead of 1, 2, 11.

In a format specification (the "0>3.2") the number before the period is the minimum length of the field. The number after the period is the minimum length after the decimal point. "3.2" says to use all the minimum length for the point and what follows (point is one character, then 2 more). You probably want something like 05.2f, which means use leading zeros, min field length of 5, with two after the decimal point. This will produce numbers of the form NN.NN. If you have series indices larger than 99, then increase the 5 to whatever is appropriate.

Note that the > (left aligned) isn't useful with numeric formats in templates, because all leading and trailing spaces in the result are removed. It is useful with string formats because it permits leading 0 filling.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert