Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Sony PRS 600 Hands on Video Review

Found this while still looking for a demo of the handwritten annotation feature. Seems like a pretty full service hands on demo of the features. Also compares the 600 to the 505 (as we all know contrast is not as good), however, additionally there is a comparison to the Kindle DX and here there is virtually no contrast difference in the video - there is still some additional glare it looks like on the 600 though. They also state it is nowhere near as bad as the 700 but interestingly enough they don't show you that.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=34238

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
Seems like a pretty full service hands on demo of the features. http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=34238
Great find, Mel. Finally, something bigger and more considered than a 1-minute flickr video.

On the negative side, I am now back in full-on covet mode.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Quote:
Found this while still looking for a demo of the handwritten annotation feature. Seems like a pretty full service hands on demo of the features. Also compares the 600 to the 505 (as we all know contrast is not as good), however, additionally there is a comparison to the Kindle DX and here there is virtually no contrast difference in the video - there is still some additional glare it looks like on the 600 though. They also state it is nowhere near as bad as the 700 but interestingly enough they don't show you that.

Mel
Thanks Mel! I watched every minute.
What I appreciated is that it showed everything I wanted to know -
PDFs, Dictionary, Drawing (I'll use it for maps), highlighting, and notes.
My 600 says it ships today - still waiting for Sony to confirm.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
The video says that you can use the old 505 covers for the 600. I wonder if that includes the Lightwedge.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Cool

That was a great review. And it covered most of the questions I had of how the 600 compares to the 505 and the 700.

My daughter just inherited my new 505... I am getting a 600

Now... how do I move my purchased books in the 505 to the 600??
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Now... how do I move my purchased books in the 505 to the 600??
All you have to do is authorize the 600 to your Sony account. Once you do that, you'll be able to put the purchased books on it.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Great find, Mel. Finally, something bigger and more considered than a 1-minute flickr video.

On the negative side, I am now back in full-on covet mode.
me too! I should have avoided the forum today...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
UnseenLlama
UnseenLlama began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:

Mel
The reviewer did not compare to the PRS 700 because she actually sent that reader back.
UnseenLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
akira28
Nameless Being

The link is dead.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
The link is dead.
Bummer, it was a great video.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
nanotube
nanotube began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
is it this one? found it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWl60GNcQIw

and this one too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ienWSPtcs
nanotube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #12
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I googled it and got this link for the same video: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=34238&page=0
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
The link works fine for me.
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #14
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
See further commentary on the review by the reviewer at this thread:

Video review of PRS-600 on MobileTechReview
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54472

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Mobiletechreview PRS 600 - 4 1/2 stars

Quote:
See further commentary on the review by the reviewer at this thread:

Video review of PRS-600 on MobileTechReview
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54472

Mel
Nice written review in addtion to the video review. Too bad this thing doesn't appear to be shipping to those of us who pre-ordered:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/gadg...on-PRS-600.htm
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote