Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #31
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Mine arrived.

Yech.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #32
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Mine arrived.

Yech.
You were displeased with the results?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
You were displeased with the results?
Compared to the InkPad, the Ocean is unpleasant on the eyes and hands.

Edit: I'll post a comparison review this weekend.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:16 AM   #34
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Compared to the InkPad, the Ocean is unpleasant on the eyes and hands.

Edit: I'll post a comparison review this weekend.
I hope the Muse will be better. I should get mine on Monday but I won't have much time to play with it before the next WE.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:58 AM   #35
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Someone posted a photos with both the odyssey and muse. Muse screen looks good.

The main problem i have with the ocean's screen, it's the reflections. Overall i'm satisfied. (no inkpak to compare with though.)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Mine arrived.

Yech.
Wasn't a "yech" inevitable for a device with such a low resolution?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #37
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The resolution isn't a problem;
It's more the tactile layer that seams to be;

After some more looking around, I definitively can read my technical PDF on the ocean comfortably. Nice
Old 11-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
The resolution isn't a problem;
It's more the tactile layer that seams to be;
Are you saying that the touchscreen isn't very good, Eowyn?
Old 11-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #39
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wasn't a "yech" inevitable for a device with such a low resolution?
It is about as sharp as an 800 x 600 6" screen.

One thing I've learned over the years is that sharpness matters only as much as the software. The InkPad's ebook rendering software could be improved upon, so even though the Ocean has a lower resolution screen there is room for the Ocean to outperform the InkPad.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
It is about as sharp as an 800 x 600 6" screen.
Of course - it's the same linear resolution as such a screen. The point I was trying to make is that most modern eInk devices have much higher linear resolution: 212ppi for the Kindle Paperwhite, 250ppi for the Kobo Aura H20, and 300ppi for the Kindle Voyage, and there's no doubt that the increased resolution drastically improves the appearance of the text. It seems rather a retrograde step to go back to a resolution that is now effectively 3 years out of date.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #41
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you saying that the touchscreen isn't very good, Eowyn?
Touch work fine.
It's more that felling of some kind of veil.
Yeah, it lacks some sharpness. That's exactly the right word. And black don't seams fully back either.

And ditto about the rendering software. But I tough that pocketbook had improved there ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-29-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #42
gromhm
gromhm began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen muse
Hello, im looking for my first ebook!

I hesitate between the cybook muse and the Pocketbook touch lux 2 (the sense look very nice but is too expensive..)

So im looking for early reviews on the muse Does someone already have it?

thank you in advance!
gromhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #43
EowynCarter
Wizard

Well, for any software related question, you can ask me.

Hardware wise, it look fine :
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/573716440005703322/

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-29-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #44
gromhm
gromhm began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen muse
ok, ty but im also looking on a software/hardware user review
gromhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #45
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Looks like my Muse arrived in my hometown on Saturday and should be delivered tomorrow. That was fast!

I'll keep you informed about what it's like.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote