Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I've got 0.7.2, should I have a later version?

I've got a novel I want to convert with Sigil. I have 0.7.2. It works great, but should I be getting a later version? (Are there benefits to later versions? It's just a simple novel. No graphs, charts. Just text.) (I read about 0.7.4 crashing and think maybe I should stay with what I have.) Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I've got a novel I want to convert with Sigil. I have 0.7.2. It works great, but should I be getting a later version? (Are there benefits to later versions? It's just a simple novel. No graphs, charts. Just text.) (I read about 0.7.4 crashing and think maybe I should stay with what I have.) Thanks.
7.4 crashes no more than any of the 7.x's did.
The only crash I can guarantee is Create HTML TOC, and that never crashes if you use it on a freshly opened book.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
0.7.2 is perfectly fine, there has only been a few minor bug fixes since then:

https://github.com/user-none/Sigil/b.../ChangeLog.txt

I am sitting on 0.7.3 for now (just haven't felt like updating, and the numbered entities might mess with some of my Regex and I don't feel like updating those (even though it would only take a few seconds)).

Reminds me of people needing to update Calibre every single week... if you don't need much/any of the bug fixes in this week's update, it is not imperative that you update to the latest and greatest... it is still the good ol' Calibre that has been treating you well up to now.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks Ducks, Tex.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote