Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
How to locate book files on Kindle (Android)

Hi,

I can't find the books using a file manager. I know they're there because I can read them in the Kindle app.

Any help?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Hi,

I can't find the books using a file manager. I know they're there because I can read them in the Kindle app.

Any help?

Thanks
They should be on your sdcard in directory kindle.
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the feedback. But I still can't find the book.

It's easy to find on my wife's Kindle but something is different on my tablet.

Could it be that the book was originally installed to the Kindle and then, later, downloaded to the tablet?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Thanks for the feedback. But I still can't find the book.

It's easy to find on my wife's Kindle but something is different on my tablet.

Could it be that the book was originally installed to the Kindle and then, later, downloaded to the tablet?

Thanks
Could not tell you. I know on my phone it is where I said (sdcard/kindle). Just looked on my tablet, and there it is in /mnt/sdcard/kindle as well. The books are named strange though. If you can't find them on the sdcard, look in your phone memory.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Could not tell you. I know on my phone it is where I said (sdcard/kindle). Just looked on my tablet, and there it is in /mnt/sdcard/kindle as well. The books are named strange though. If you can't find them on the sdcard, look in your phone memory.
Yes, that's where they are on my Galaxy Tab, too. I believe it's a standard location on all Android devices. clittle - forgive the question, but you know what Kindle books look like? A random string of letters and numbers, and normally a ".awz" file extension?
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
I don't see any Kindle ebooks in that directory on my Acer Iconia A500 tablet. I have 30 ebooks downloaded from Amazon. They show on the Kindle app's home screen, but I've never been able to find them on the device using ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager. There's a folder off the directory you mentioned above, named "acw," but it's empty. Nothing else.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I don't see any Kindle ebooks in that directory on my Acer Iconia A500 tablet. I have 30 ebooks downloaded from Amazon. They show on the Kindle app's home screen, but I've never been able to find them on the device using ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager. There's a folder off the directory you mentioned above, named "acw," but it's empty. Nothing else.
Why ecactly are you trying to locate the books? If they are from Amazon they have DRM on them, you would not be able to use them elsewhere. If you want to get to the books so you can remove the DRM, then there is certainly much better ways than from the Kindle for Android app. But this is as far as we can discuss this here.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why exactly are you trying to locate the books?
I'm just curious where the Kindle ebooks are stored on the tablet and wonder why I don't see any .azw files in that directory when others do. I don't need to move or alter the files.

I don't use Calibre. These Kindle ebooks were sent directly to the tablet from my Amazon account. If I sideload ebooks on the tablet, I do place them in that directory. But why don't the ebooks downloaded from Amazon show up there?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I'm just curious where the Kindle ebooks are stored on the tablet and wonder why I don't see any .azw files in that directory when others do. I don't need to move or alter the files.

I don't use Calibre. These Kindle ebooks were sent directly to the tablet from my Amazon account. If I sideload ebooks on the tablet, I do place them in that directory. But why don't the ebooks downloaded from Amazon show up there?
I believe Android version is prc not azw. At least that how it is on my Tablets.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I believe Android version is prc not azw. At least that how it is on my Tablets.
I don't see any files in the /mnt/sdcard/kindle directory, yet 30 Kindle ebooks show as downloaded in the app and I can open them. Weird, huh?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't see any files in the /mnt/sdcard/kindle directory, yet 30 Kindle ebooks show as downloaded in the app and I can open them. Weird, huh?
Do you have ES File explorer set to show hidden files?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
ISTR that files the Kindle downloads are in the folder "Android/Kindle" or something similar.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you have ES File explorer set to show hidden files?
Thanks, Blossom. I didn't, but I do now. The Kindle ebooks still don't show up in that directory.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
ISTR that files the Kindle downloads are in the folder "Android/Kindle" or something similar.
Thank you, HarryT! I just found the Amazon ebook files. They're buried in /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/. They are .prc files.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thank you, HarryT! I just found the Amazon ebook files. They're buried in /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/. They are .prc files.
I though you was looking in that folder. whoops I need to wake up more.
Closed Thread