Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
rasto93
rasto93 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912
After update of firmware, wifi doesn't work

Hello!

When I updated firmware on my new Pocketbook 912, wifi stopped working. When I try to connect to wifi through web browser, it just wants me to type the password again and again and again... It always return to that window where it asks me for pass.
When I try to connect to wifi through configuration -> connectivity -> wifi then I choose my connection, I get an error:
ifconfig SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
Then this repeats six times and continues with:
/sbin/wpa_supplicant -Dwexr -ieth0 -c/var/wtc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
/sbin/udhcpc -n -t 7 -T 3
udhcpc started
sending discover...
No lease, failing
/bin/killall wpa_supplicant
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
/sbin/rmmode dhd.ko

Any idea for a fix?
rasto93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
Hi rasto93,

that's a known bug. Wifi networks with a hidden SSID are not supported properly with the new firmware versions.

You have 3 options to choose from:
  1. Don't use the "hide SSID" option on your wifi access point
  2. Wait for the new firmware where this bug might be fixed (no release date published yet...)
  3. Reflash the previous firmware onto the device

Last edited by pbmaniac; 10-13-2012 at 08:28 AM.
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
rasto93

I do not use hidden SSID. Value hidden is set to zero. How can I put there the old firmware?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
rasto93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasto93 View Post
I do not use hidden SSID. Value hidden is set to zero. How can I put there the old firmware?
I downgraded it to 2.1.2 but the wifi still doesn't work and the oldest firmware is not on their website.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
rasto93

I solved this problem. The problem wasn't in the firmware. I don't really understand why it works now. I don't know why it helped but the problem was in my router. I set static-DHCP for my PB, and now it works. I just gave a fixed IP address to MAC address of PB912. It even works with the latest firmware.
I noticed this problem when I restarted my router, I could connect to wi-fi. Unfortunately, when I disconnected PB from wi-fi, I couldn't connect to wi-fi again. Then I restarted the router again, and I could connect to wi-fi again. So I added PB to static DHCP table, and it worked. Guys, can you explain me why it helped? It's kind of a mystery for me.
Advert