Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Putting books on Kobo Touch from Android

Hi All,
The Kobo Touch supports WiFi and my Android phone can act as a WiFi router so the touch can connect to the WiFi from my phone.

Anyone know if there is then some way I can put books onto the device once they are connected with the WiFi?
I'm sure there must be some way to do it I just haven't been able to figure out how yet
nila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Sync over WiFi is for the kepub formatted books and the sync is performed on the Kobo servers. Once you have added your phone hotspot in as a WiFi network, you should be able to do this. I do it all the time using my Nexus S phone.

If what you are wanting to do is move some other kind of book over WiFi to your Kobo, the only suggestion I have is to put the books into dropbox and use the browser on your touch. Some folks can do that, for some reason, I can't. Same for Calibre server.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nila View Post
Anyone know if there is then some way I can put books onto the device once they are connected with the WiFi?
I'm sure there must be some way to do it I just haven't been able to figure out how yet
I nice idea, but I suspect it won't work.

If you sideload books, they are copied to the file system while the KT is in state that presents itself as a USB mass storage device. When it is disconnected from the PC it restarts, finds any new books and processes them.

So, to do what you want, you would need to be able to see the KT and copy files to it. Then trigger the processing or write directly to the database. I doubt if the KT presents its file system in any way that would be accessible when it is running. But, there have been some people who have hacked the KT to give them telnet access. Doing this might lead to a way to access the file system. Search the forums, for how to do this.

taming's suggestion of dropbox is probably the best way. Or, if you can browse to the phones storage or other local storage from the KT's browser, you would be able to download books from there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote