Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Kindle spotted NCIS Los Angeles

Sorry if this is a repeat...

I spotted a Kindle in last weeks episode of NCIS Los Angeles. At least I am pretty sure it was one, I backed up and looked at it with my DVR and I don't know any other devices with a keyboard like that.

Oddly enough a bouncer was holding it, though why one would have a guest list on a Kindle over a Tablet PC or even a iphone doesn't make sense to me, but *shrug* its product placement no doubt.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I noticed the Kindle and found its appearance in that scene odd as well. To be more accurate, I shrieked "Kindle! He's got a Kindle" at my television and then tilted my head to the side and said, "He's holding it funny." There was no one in the room at the time to dispute my statements.

I think I would have been more excited to see Hetty with the Kindle.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I noticed the Kindle and found its appearance in that scene odd as well. To be more accurate, I shrieked "Kindle! He's got a Kindle" at my television and then tilted my head to the side and said, "He's holding it funny." There was no one in the room at the time to dispute my statements.

I think I would have been more excited to see Hetty with the Kindle.

Dreamer

i also am wondering why you would put a guest list on a kindle but why not ? after all, you could send it over the air and have the update version always handy, i suppose... and the more people get used to seeing various different readers, the better for everyone.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Must have missed that episode
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote