Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
HAL.Unke
HAL.Unke began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
[Android] Calibre V3 and CC 5.3.1.1 on Android 4.2

Since I use Calibre V3 i can't change the libraries for upload.
As you see in the attached picture, CC identifies the libraries but it sticks to the main "Bibliothek".

To find a solution i reinstalled the CC app and I moved from Calibre Portable to an installed version. Nothing changes.

In the portable Calibre are more libraries and I can use some, but not all.

What is the reason?

Regards Herbert

PS: CC on Android 7.1.1 is also not working
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc issue.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	679.7 KB
ID:	157414  

Last edited by HAL.Unke; 06-19-2017 at 04:29 PM.
HAL.Unke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
HAL.Unke

OK, I found it

CC DISCRIMINATES!
After removing UMLAUTE (Ä,Ö,Ü) and & from the librarynames CC could access them.
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are telling me.

If on my test system I tap "Change Library" then I see the following:

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	157417

I can then tap the library I want, in this case the second one, in which case the library changes. After I do that then I see the following:

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	157418
and I am looking at the books in the second library, exactly as I expect.

What exactly are you seeing?

If you are saying that you are not seeing all the libraries on your computer then the answer is "you are seeing all the libraries that calibre knows about." CC asks calibre for the list of libraries. Calibre gives back to CC the libraries that are on the calibre "quick switch" menu. There is nothing that CC can do about that. Instead, you mist be sure that the running instance of calibre has all the libraries of interest in its library change menu.

As for discrimination, CC uses what calibre gives it. Calibre does not like path names with non-ascii characters in it, and never has. Again, there isn't anything that CC can do about this.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
HAL.Unke

Calibre V2 accepted since years the non-ASCII path "D:\Users\Halunke\Documents\Eigene eBooks\Calibre Aktionsbücher" and the library "Calibre Aktionsbücher". CC had also no problems with this library. This library is also fine for Calibre V3.

The library shows up in "Change Library" but can't be selected.
After i changed it to "D:\Users\Halunke\Documents\Eigene eBooks\Calibre Aktionsbuecher" it worked.

The same with "D:\Users\Halunke\Documents\Eigene eBooks\Calibre Comics&Mangas", it
had to be renamed "D:\Users\Halunke\Documents\Eigene eBooks\Calibre Comics,Mangas".

The ampersand is ASCII, isn't it?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is caused by the & character, which is a special character in HTML. Calibre and CC must agree on how that character is represented so that the web server doesn't "steal" it.

It should be fixed in the next CC/calibre release.
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
HAL.Unke

Sorry, but I have still problems.
Now with Calibre 3.1.1 and CC5.3.1.1.
After cleaning the paths, i can now switch the libraries in cc.
But I cannot download a whole library with "Download all".
I have to tap on the "on device" check box and download the books one by one.

If I use "Download all" the expected windows pops up, but with all librarys it says: <<Download all - 168 books will be downloaded>>, even if the actual library contains only 1 book. 168 books are only in the main library.
If I accept nothing happens.
If the main library is the actual library "Download all" works.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL.Unke View Post
Sorry, but I have still problems.
Now with Calibre 3.1.1 and CC5.3.1.1.
After cleaning the paths, i can now switch the libraries in cc.
But I cannot download a whole library with "Download all".
I have to tap on the "on device" check box and download the books one by one.

If I use "Download all" the expected windows pops up, but with all librarys it says: <<Download all - 168 books will be downloaded>>, even if the actual library contains only 1 book. 168 books are only in the main library.
If I accept nothing happens.
If the main library is the actual library "Download all" works.
This will be fixed in the next release.