Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
mindblender
mindblender began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Ajax Endpoint usage?

I am trying to use the endpoints listed in https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...re/srv/ajax.py and I seem to not be using them correctly or am missing something.

Here are the URLs I am hitting and their response:
http://<calibre_ip>:8080/ajax/books - I get "must specify some ids." I would expect a list of books returned when if I do not pass a list of IDs.

http://<calibre_ip>:8080/ajax/book/123 - I get the book details for book 123

Any suggestion on how to get a list of books?

Some additional notes/suggestions:
when hitting http://<calibre_ip>:8080/ajax/categories - if an entry is not a category, then do not return a URL since the URL results in a 404. Otherwise, allow access to non-categories such as "Newest" and "All Books".

Thanks!
Jeff
mindblender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As the documentation says, you need:

/ajax/books?ids=1,2,3

If you want a list of all ids in the library use

/ajax/search

the result is paginated and sorted according to any field you want (see the docs).

All URLs in /ajax/categories work, including the ones for newest and all books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh and I should note that the in-progress server re-write allows you to specify

/ajax/books?ids=all

to get all ids so you dont have to use search -- which can be a little unintuitive.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:44 AM   #4
mindblender
mindblender began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Great! Thanks for the info. I believe that will help me get started.
mindblender is offline   Reply With Quote