Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
Bill R
Bill R began at the beginning.

Device: Desktop PC
Calibre doesn't download whole newspaper

Downloading on Windows PC: Calibre stops downloading newspapers (notably NY Times and The Economist) about 2/3 of the way through the newspaper. Any ideas why or what to do to fix this? Thanks, Bill
Bill R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Stops with what error?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:04 AM   #3
Bill R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Stops with what error?
Kovid, many thanks for the response. There is no error message. The newspapers appear, the sections appear, but the content of the sections -- that is, the actual newspaper articles (about 2/3 of the way through the newspaper) do not.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me -- post the log of the download which you can get by clicking the jobs button in the bottom right corner of the main calibre window.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Works for me -- post the log of the download which you can get by clicking the jobs button in the bottom right corner of the main calibre window.
I wonder if the 'abort jobs that take longer than x minutes' setting in Calibre preferences needs to be modified. I would try that first.

Bill R - you can find this in Calibre->Preferences->Miscellaneous
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
Bill R

Quote:
Will do. Am traveling until the weekend; so will report back in a few days. And thanks again, Kovid. Bill
Old 04-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
I wonder if the 'abort jobs that take longer than x minutes' setting in Calibre preferences needs to be modified. I would try that first.

Bill R - you can find this in Calibre->Preferences->Miscellaneous
Outstanding idea!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #8
vishnumvv
vishnumvv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks Goyal for giving us calibre

In the Hindu receipe i would like to add state list i deleted my state andhra pradesh from omit list but i am fetching news only few there are some district news under andhrapradesh but i am not getting those

please help me to get that news Also
and i need images as well if possible
help me
vishnumvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #9
Bill R

Thanks, Kovid and TheDucks! As it turned out, I stopped all unnecessary startup applications and processes and deleted some of the applications. Who knows which of them was the culprit, but now things are back to normal. Thanks again for the response and for Calibre!!! Bill