Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
JSONConfig has no delete method

JSONConfig in utils/config.py allows set/get but not delete of a specific key. Is it possible to delete a key from a plugin's json file?

Normally I don't need this, but I'm renaming a key and the only way I found to 'remove' the old key is to set the old key value to Null.

This is sufficient, although it leaves old/unused data in the file, and it means an extra test is needed since the key exists but the data is Null (since get(store_name, DEFAULTS) will not set the key to DEFAULTS if the key exists but is a dict with Null).
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
JSONConfig inherits from XMLConfig, which does have a delete operation. Have you tried using "del json_object[key]"?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
That was it, thanks. I've used the del statement elsewhere, and noticed that XMLConfig inherits from dict, but didn't connect using del on it would work like del for a dict. The del statement is a bit odd anyway since most everything else is called like a function - I was looking for a del() method and all I could see was __delitem__ (which given the __ I believe is an internal method).
meme is offline   Reply With Quote