Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-14-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nova Pro
Art on Boox

Just quickly wanted to show that even a NovaPro without layers (yet) is still very capable for artists. I drew this in a few minutes and the device still ran well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHleyOzH...=13c719rzk79iw

I do feel (and I've mentioned this to them) that Onyx is having a bit of a missed opportunity by not marketing this device also for the artist who wants a digital sketchpad. It really is pretty great with the Wacom tech under the hood.

Many artists I know would love to have something like this, but don't know something like this even exists.

Even an artists line would be great, with a more premium stylus.

Last edited by Sevenlives; 11-14-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Sevenlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Very cool! I think they gradually go in that direction, more and more they advertise with sketches and drawing from artist. You should send them and sponsor some of your work!
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkccerbero View Post
Very cool! I think they gradually go in that direction, more and more they advertise with sketches and drawing from artist. You should send them and sponsor some of your work!
Thanks dkccerbero. That's a good idea I'll try and see what comes of it. Wacom has tried doing some sketchpad solutions like the failed inkling...but something like this could really take of. And yeah I agree, slowly I think they may be embracing notes to also be for art rather than just note taking.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
.kai
.kai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max3, Kobo Aura ONE
Nice sketch! Was this done in the stock app on the Onyx? Can anyone tell me if this note taking / drawing apps are different between the NovaPro and the Max3? By quick inspection the note taking app on my Max3 does not seem to support a "fill" tool, for example.

kai
.kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kai View Post
By quick inspection the note taking app on my Max3 does not seem to support a "fill" tool, for example.
Not available on the Note Air either.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Sevenlives
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by .kai View Post
Nice sketch! Was this done in the stock app on the Onyx? Can anyone tell me if this note taking / drawing apps are different between the NovaPro and the Max3? By quick inspection the note taking app on my Max3 does not seem to support a "fill" tool, for example.

kai

Thanks! Yeah it was the stock app before layers came. If you see my instagram I upped a new sketch using layers. I love how I'm able to do more with this program.

There is no fill tool. I simply used the brush and made it as fat as possible and with simple strokes I filled it in. Hope that helps answer your questions