Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
Dimos
Enthusiast
Dimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura about

Device: Boyue likebook
Onyx Note 3 As An External Monitor

Hi guys, according to this video you can use any android device as an external monitor.
I think that the only requirement is to have a usb c 3.1.
Can someone confirm that the new note 3 has a 3.1?
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Thanks for the link, I had been thinking in the past about trying one of these adapters.
If you're just trying to use the Boox as an external computer screen, you can also run a VNC server in your computer and use a VNC viewer (like bVNC) on your Boox device.
You just need s network connection between the computer and the device, which can either be via WiFi or USB.
There's much more detail and discussion (also possibly of some other approaches) in this thread, especially look out for posts by user @mdp , he's done a great job exploring the possibilities.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Onyx Boox as monitor

Last edited by franzli; 11-07-2020 at 10:07 AM.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
Hi guys, according to this video you can use any android device as an external monitor.
I think that the only requirement is to have a usb c 3.1.
Can someone confirm that the new note 3 has a 3.1?
Oh, regarding your question, if be surprised if they'd given the device a USB 3.1, since even just phones just use 2.0 these days. USB-OTG should be supported though (afaik), so you should on principle be able to connect devices. Are you sure that usb 3.1 is a requirement? (I guess it might depend on the resolution you want to output and the corresponding amount of data bandwidth required)
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #4
Dimos
Enthusiast
Dimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura about

Device: Boyue likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Thanks for the link, I had been thinking in the past about trying one of these adapters.
If you're just trying to use the Boox as an external computer screen, you can also run a VNC server in your computer and use a VNC viewer (like bVNC) on your Boox device.
You just need s network connection between the computer and the device, which can either be via WiFi or USB.
There's much more detail and discussion (also possibly of some other approaches) in this thread, especially look out for posts by user @mdp , he's done a great job exploring the possibilities.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Onyx Boox as monitor
Hi thnx for your answer
I have tried spacedesk via wifi but it has too much latency in my opinion.
I asked if it has usb 3.1 because the resolution is bigger than full hd and maybe there is a bandwidth limitation with usb 2.0.
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote