Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #61
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
There he is! Grab the little bastich!
Sorry, can't help you. I've already paid of Ms. Jirel....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #62
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Done! I hereby proclaim it! The 2008 MobileRead Meet-up in Houston will be:

Saturday, October 4 at the Panera Bread in The Woodlands (a few miles north of Houston on I-45)

The location (1201 Lake Woodlands Dr.) is here: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30....dlands%2C%20tx

I'll be there in the mid-afternoon and will stay until everyone else leaves.

Be seeing you (there)!
What time will you be there? Mid-afternoon is kind of broad...
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think 5 is about the earliest I can pull off, personally, plane lands at 4:15, so it may be closer to 5:30.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #64
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Just a post to remind you of this meet-up in Houston on Saturday, October 4. See post #38 in this thread for details - all two of them. Bring your mobile reading gadgets if you have any, your questions and curiosities if you don't, and your selves with your humor (yes, please bring your humor, if you have any). But no steenking lemurs - Ike's been enough for us, thank you very much.
Question!! I understand The Woodlands got hit pretty hard by Hurricane Ike. Has anyone checked to make sure the Panera there is open??

Just thought I'd ask.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #65
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They just answered their phone, anyway.
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #66
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
They just answered their phone, anyway.
Oh well then .... that's a good thing. When I mentioned to Sandra Moon that I would be going down to Houston on the 4th and 5th (she had just come back up from there), she told me that The Woodlands had really gotten whacked by Ike, and was I certain that y'all were still having the meetup there.

I was at a loss for a reply. Now, I know. And, I plan to be there. Won't that just be so special???
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #67
NatCh
Gizmologist

Apparently they did, indeed, but the mall areas seem to have fared better than most. Go figure.

Glad you're going to make it, it wouldn't be the same without the duck-billed armadillo!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #68
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All systems go for me - S-RSE. I'll be bringing my brother as a guest.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #69
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
...I'm out (thanks to Ike)

Sorry. It looks like my weekends through Thanksgiving are going to be dedicated to getting my house fixed.

I do still have one spare copy of the Esquire with the eInk cover that I'd like to swap for something interesting, if anybody comes near Clear Lake.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #70
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Sorry. It looks like my weekends through Thanksgiving are going to be dedicated to getting my house fixed.

I do still have one spare copy of the Esquire with the eInk cover that I'd like to swap for something interesting, if anybody comes near Clear Lake.
Clear Lake??? Holy hell you must have been almost wiped off the map!!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #71
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sorry to hear that, CurtW, mostly sorry about the house damage.

We caught some tornado damage here back in February, and it took until late July to get all sorted out. The damage wasn't that extensive -- mostly cosmetic ($19k worth of cosmetic) -- but they had trouble getting the windows, and they couldn't do the siding 'til they did the windows, and they couldn't do the gutters 'til they did the siding: loads of fun.

Anyway, I hope it's not too bad, if you're expecting to be sorted out by Thanksgiving, you either aren't in too bad a shape or you have one heckuva good contractor!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #72
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Anyway, I hope it's not too bad, if you're expecting to be sorted out by Thanksgiving, you either aren't in too bad a shape or you have one heckuva good contractor!
I should have been clearer: the stuff I can and need to fix will take until Thanksgiving. I don't know how long the professionals will be at it. (I am signed up to get a long-term roof tarp from FEMA). Among other things, I did not realize that insurance will not cover removal of an uprooted tree that doesn't damage anything else on its way down. My chain saw is in for a real workout.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #73
NatCh
Gizmologist

Oy. That stinks.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #74
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
What time will you be there? Mid-afternoon is kind of broad...
My assumption is that not everyone can make it there at the same time. I think NatCh has said he could be there by 5:00 pm or a bit later which is probably a good time for most to show up. But RSE indicated he'd probably be there earlier in the afternoon though I'm not sure if his plans have changed. But I'm pretty easy to accomodate everyone. I was thinking of showing up at 3:00 pm and staying until about 9:00. Is that reasonable or are there any other suggestions?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #75
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My assumption is that not everyone can make it there at the same time. I think NatCh has said he could be there by 5:00 pm or a bit later which is probably a good time for most to show up. But RSE indicated he'd probably be there earlier in the afternoon though I'm not sure if his plans have changed. But I'm pretty easy to accomodate everyone. I was thinking of showing up at 3:00 pm and staying until about 9:00. Is that reasonable or are there any other suggestions?

My brother wants to day trip, so I should be over target 3:00PM to around 7:00PM