Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #121
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
From "About Sigil" is this Qt5 or Qt6?
Have you installed tk for python module?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:36 PM   #122
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. I got an error as well (Windows 11)...updated the plugin and now no problem.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2022, 06:22 PM   #123
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
For both, Kevin and Turtle; I have tk installed and reinstalled, my version of Sigil 1.9.20 is a Qt5 version (5.15.5) and I have installed the last version of the plugin. No way, the dialog doesn't respond.
Very curious because under my Windows the plugin works; the issue is under my Arch Linux.

Last edited by RbnJrg; 09-05-2022 at 06:24 PM.
RbnJrg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:44 PM   #124
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It still works for me on Arch with Qt5 Sigil 1.9.20. When you say "the dialog doesn't respond", do you mean the dialog appears, but is unresponsive, or do you mean the dialog never appears? If the latter, make sure it's not "popping under" an open window.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:53 PM   #125
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It still works for me on Arch with Qt5 Sigil 1.9.20. When you say "the dialog doesn't respond", do you mean the dialog appears, but is unresponsive, or do you mean the dialog never appears? If the latter, make sure it's not "popping under" an open window.
I mean the dialog appears but nothing happens when I press the buttons.
Advert
Old 09-05-2022, 08:22 PM   #126
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm... that's weird. Can you move the dialog by dragging it around? Can you close it with the 'X' button, or do you have to force the plugin to quit?
Old 09-05-2022, 09:39 PM   #127
RbnJrg
Wizard

[QUOTE=DiapDealer;4254998]Hmmm... that's weird. Can you move the dialog by dragging it around? Can you close it with the 'X' button, or do you have to force the plugin to quit?[/QUOTE

Yes, I can move the dialog and I can close it. In fact, the only button that it works is the "Close" button. Yes, is something weird because in my Windows the plugin works. I think it could be something linked with the Python I have installed in Linux, but what?.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:24 AM   #128
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
I think it could be something linked with the Python I have installed in Linux, but what?.
Do you have something other than the standard Arch system Python installed?
Old 09-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #129
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Do you have something other than the standard Arch system Python installed?
I have python 3.10.6. Now I discovered that if I press the button "Insert" twice or sometime, three times, the insertion is produced after closing the dialog. But the "Copy" button, is not working anymore.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:01 PM   #130
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Could it be Desktop or Window manager issue? What Desktop are you using?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:10 PM   #131
RbnJrg
Wizard

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Could it be Desktop or Window manager issue? What Desktop are you using?
I use xfce, but the plugin worked with previus versions of Sigil. Since Arch is updating the system continually maybe can have been an update in one of its packages.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:28 PM   #132
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I haven't updated my Arch system in about a week. Maybe I'll do that and check this out. I might be able to get an Arch xfce virtual machine provisioned to do some testing, as well.

Either way, this doesn't seem like it's an issue with this plugin, per se.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #133
RbnJrg
Wizard

I found the cause of my issue. The clipboard is not working but I don't know if that if a Sigil problem or a problem of my Arch. I use Clipman as clipboard manager and works fine in others apps and everywhere except for Sigil plugins.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #134
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Nothing should have changed in Sigil's plugin framework for 1.9.20 to my knowledge. It almost has to be a problem with the integration between Arch's clipman, xfce, python, tk.

Have you tried rolling back to Sigil 1.9.10 and seeing whether the problem persists?
Old 09-07-2022, 01:27 PM   #135
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Have you tried rolling back to Sigil 1.9.10 and seeing whether the problem persists?
I'll do the try and I'll post my results.