Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-18-2023, 03:04 PM   #196
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
When it comes to my Python AppImage for Linux, it's going to have a newer version of Python itself. As well as newer versions of tkinter and the PyPi pillow module.

And again... Ubuntu has a tendency to break what PyPi delivers in one module into several packages. It's possible one was overlooked. Though I believe python3-pil and python3-pil.imagetk (for which python3-pil is a dependency) should have been enough.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-18-2023 at 03:10 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 09:16 AM   #197
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
When it comes to my Python AppImage for Linux, it's going to have a newer version of Python itself. As well as newer versions of tkinter and the PyPi pillow module.

And again... Ubuntu has a tendency to break what PyPi delivers in one module into several packages. It's possible one was overlooked. Though I believe python3-pil and python3-pil.imagetk (for which python3-pil is a dependency) should have been enough.
Well, I certainly have both of those. What surprises me is that with the configuration which does NOT include your AppImage, the Sigil plugin displays some gifs and not others and from the checks I did, it's always the same ones.

That suggests to me that there is some difference in the quality of certain gifs which impedes their display in that configuration but allows the display when I use your AppImage instead. And for the life of me, I cannot see what is different in these gifs.

I think I'll draw a line under it since I have a working system with your AppImage. Thanks.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2023, 03:40 PM   #198
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There's quite a few gif-related fixes in pillow's changelog between Jammy's v9.0.1 and my AppImage's v9.5.0. I'd chalk it up to that.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote