Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Where can I try an Oasis? (UK)

Before spending £269.99, I'd like to hold and feel an Oasis (with cover) in my hand. I currently have a Voyage.

Anywhere on the High Street sell them? Would Argos let me open the box?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
maybe... I got my 1st fire at radio shack the mgr allowed me to see it out of the box.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Before spending £269.99, I'd like to hold and feel an Oasis (with cover) in my hand. I currently have a Voyage.

Anywhere on the High Street sell them? Would Argos let me open the box?
Argos would probably let you hold it but you need wifi to set it up to see it working and you can't do that in an Argos store. You would need to buy it and take it home for set up. Your best best is a John Lewis branch, maybe one of those have them on display?

I've not seen one in any store but then again I've not been looking but tbh the price will put off most retailers expect John Lewis. Most display kindles are the cheaper models.

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-17-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
maybe... I got my 1st fire at radio shack the mgr allowed me to see it out of the box.
We don't have a radio shack in the UK. And only about three/four high street retailers anyway, only John Lewis, Argos, Currys and Tesco's come to mind.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:03 AM   #5
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Yeah I'd try John Lewis. That was the only place that had the Voyage on display when I was looking.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Curry's maybe. Tesco's no. Argos no. John Lewis maybe.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I went to Chelmsford John Lewis today, it's a brand new but much smaller store than say Bluewater. They had the Oasis to buy but not on display.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
john lewis usually have them
it is great love the buttons more than the voyagebut sadly could not afford
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:31 AM   #9
screencleaner
screencleaner began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
If you're in London, John Lewis in Oxford Street has an Oasis on display.
screencleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #10
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I'm in the US, but I've been wondering how they are displayed in the UK. Here most stores have them tethered to a cable on display. I've wondered how that would work with the Oasis, since it's combined with the cover and the device comes off the cover. How or if they are secured on display in the UK ? They don't have the Oasis yet on display here. I was wondering if securing them would be different, and that's why I haven't seen the Oasis on display here ?
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I'm in the US, but I've been wondering how they are displayed in the UK. Here most stores have them tethered to a cable on display. I've wondered how that would work with the Oasis, since it's combined with the cover and the device comes off the cover. How or if they are secured on display in the UK ? They don't have the Oasis yet on display here. I was wondering if securing them would be different, and that's why I haven't seen the Oasis on display here ?
It's very difficult to even see one on display in the UK. Even Bluewater, a very large John Lewis store near London doesn't have one, and no other retailer would. I'd love to see one but I'm resigned not to. Traveling to Oxford Street would not be an option.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It's very difficult to even see one on display in the UK. Even Bluewater, a very large John Lewis store near London doesn't have one, and no other retailer would. I'd love to see one but I'm resigned not to. Traveling to Oxford Street would not be an option.
Thank you, I guess seeing a displayed Oasis is difficult. I'm still hoping to see someone using one in public. I wouldn't order one just to see it , unless I was really interested in buying one. I might do that when they go on sale someday. I have a couple of e inks now so no need. Just curious to see one. I guess they probably won't have them displayed here either. I think they would have had them on display at Best Buy by now.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Thank you, I guess seeing a displayed Oasis is difficult. .... I think they would have had them on display at Best Buy by now.
Yeah, I haven't found any on display anywhere (US). Not even Best Buy.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #14
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah, I haven't found any on display anywhere (US). Not even Best Buy.
I'm still hoping to see someone using one in public, since I don't know anyone that has an Oasis. I've been to book clubs of people I know, and no one has one yet. They did have other readers though, mostly Kindles.

Last edited by Wearever; 11-23-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #15
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I still hoping to see someone using one in public, since I don't know anyone that has an Oasis. I've been to book clubs of people I know, and no one has one yet. They did have other readers though, mostly Kindles.
I can't recall seeing anyone except me using /any/ kindle in public.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote