Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Roobarb
Roobarb began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Conversions readable in Calibre but not on device

I have looked through the forum and couldn't find this being asked before, I apologise if it has.

I am having trouble with a few files mainly .htm and .html but it's also happened with a couple of .lit files. The files seem to convert successfully and are viewable in Calibre but when I go to read them on my PRS 505 they are only 1 page long.

The only way I seem to be able to get these files to work is to open them with, or paste them into, Word and then remove all formatting so that it's only plain text. After converting they then transfer to the 505 fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be something to do with XML, as Word has come up with an message after opening a couple of these that says they're an XML file.

I really don't want to have to loose all the formatting on these files so I wondered if there was any other solution.

Thank you in advance for any help.

(I'm using Calibre version 0.7.33)
Roobarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
jcm92128
jcm92128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
I am having the same problem. I have an html file that was stored in a winrrar compressed file. I casn uncompress the file and read it in an html browser.

I have tried the debug process in Calibre (version 0.7.48) and can see the raw text file throughout all four (4) subprocesses. However when I open the file on the ereader in Calibre or if I send the file to my Kindle3, I get one page and nothing else, although the menu key on my Kindle shows 799 total pages.

I can send the debug file, if that will help. I have not experienced this problem before. Help?????
jcm92128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert