Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #1
Artful Dodger
Artful Dodger began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6
Question Aldiko fails to access OPDS catalaog

Hi,
I just installed 5.4.30 on ubuntu. Everything works as expected, i start the content server in its default config (no authentication, no ssl, running on port 8080).
I can access the server from my tablet using its local IP with fbreader and coolreader, both of which work fine on the web UI and with opds.
But I want to use Aldiko reader but that only works with the web interface (opening the URL in chrome). When I enter the opds URL as a network catalog then I do not see a "browse" link and when I click on the entry then the screen just flashes briefly. No error msg or such.
I started calibre in debug mode but there is nothing relevant in the output. And the server log just shows a successful request coming from Aldiko, i.e.:
"GET /opds HTTP/1.1" 200 3920
Any tips how I cut chase this down? I would love to use Aldiko because everybody says it has the best UI.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Report it to aldiko but I've not had much success dealing with them. Very slow to reply

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, opds