Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Rufal
Rufal began at the beginning.

Device: Note 4
Content server 500 error with ODPS access

Hi,

I am running a clean 3.10 (not an upgrade) 64bit for windows version of Calibre.

I am running the content server without a user/password setup.
About 50% of directories on the OPDS return a 500 server error but the same view seen from the web shows without a problem.

For instance 5 star rated books. Show fine at http://192.168.1.10:8080/#library_id...&sort=tags.asc

But return an error when browsing through FBReader (or same URL in browser, taken from the access.log)

Since so many authors/series (but not all) it seems to be connected to some metadata rather than an overall problem with the content server.

This is from the error log:
calibre server listening on 0.0.0.0:8080
OPDS feeds advertised via BonJour at: 192.168.1.10 port: 8080
Unhandled exception in state: State: _job_done Client: 127.0.0.1:55462 Request: GET /opds/category/726174696e67/49313a726174696e67?library_id=Calibre_Library HTTP/1.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\loop.py", line 565, in tick
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\loop.py", line 303, in _job_done
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\pool.py", line 35, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\http_response.py", line 441, in run_request_handler
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\routes.py", line 306, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\opds.py", line 575, in opds_category
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\opds.py", line 405, in get_acquisition_feed
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\opds.py", line 335, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\srv\opds.py", line 219, in ACQUISITION_ENTRY
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Googling this error simply points to update Calibre, but I am already on the latest release.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rufal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicaes the book entries in you calibre database are missing a UUID, which should be impossible. Have you modified the calibre database manually, or are you running some third party plugins?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
Rufal

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1727055

Yes, I am running the Goodreads plugins since they have all the series correct and in order.

About 13% of my books are missing a UUID (search for uuid:false)
Old 10-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
Rufal

I am also using the "Find duplicates" plugin. But I don't think that plugin has affected around 13% of my books. More likely culprit is the Goodread since I have used it to tag all my series.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:24 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread out of development forum. Please read sticky post at the top of the Development forum titled, "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum" prior to posting in that forum again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, content server, error, opds