Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 10:28 PM   #31
Sosakan
Sosakan began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad/kindle
Guys, truly, thank you for the help!

I will post something longer and more detailed tomorrow, but wanted to respond to the appreciated help.

Do any of you know of any books that I could read that would give me a decent understanding of how to setup/manage/troubleshoot/etc a network? I don’t really want anything too in-depth, just a working knowledge so I can get familiarized with stuff like access points, router tables, ports, ips, etc. I have some understanding, but as they say, only enough to be dangerous.

Thanks all!
Sosakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:34 AM   #32
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lLenovo Yoya tab plus , fire HD10 HDX8.9,
the " for dummies" series books are usuially good, and cometimes be read for free via libraries. I haev not read their specific one for networks though. I rely more on " ask google / consult wikipedia when stuck"

TBH, you should not need to bother with router tables/ port settings.
step 1. try to download user manuals for what you have already ( ask if you cant find them) and read how to set up some devices as access points/ not routers. plus look to getting cables in place so that you can hard wire those back to your main router.

2. if long ethernet cables are not practical, read up on using powerline devices instead which will " wire" your stuff together using your mains. Some powerline devices also act as wifi points.

3. the 3rd, post expensive option, is throw most of it away and invest in a "whole of house" wifi mesh system. In theory, you plug that in and it " just works", with no need to actually understand the magic!
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert