Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #91
aura_h2o
aura_h2o began at the beginning.

Device: aura_h2o
I installed it to my Kobo aura H2O. (2. edition)
It works perfectly and sync my books from cloud but I have a big issue. Until I install that, I didn't have any problem with my wifi connection. However, after setup, Kobo could not find the network anymore. I tried many times and read a similar issue on Github. https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud/issues/56
I changed getGDriveFiles.sh and getRemoteFile.sh files and merged etc and usr directories with the original firmware (4.26.16704).
Unfortunately the result has not changed. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
aura_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #92
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
This is what worked for me: https://github.com/fsantini/KoboClou...ment-739467317
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2021, 12:20 AM   #93
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Is there a way to tell kobocloud to save books on another location instead of .add/kobocloud/kobocloudrc/library?
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #94
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For the record, the problem @vietchovui is not where the books are stored by Kobo Cloud. It is how the books are presented to nickel. There is discussion in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340125.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:53 AM   #95
trifecta
trifecta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I'm trying to set this up on the Libra 2 (version 4.30), and I can't get it to work so far.

My kobocloudrc file has the following:
Quote:
# comment
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxxxxxxxxx?dl=0
# Add your URLs to this file
# Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
#UNINSTALL
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xx?usp=sharing
# comment
However, all I see in the get.log is
Quote:
2021-11-20_17:42:51 waiting for internet connection
I can't seem to progress beyond this waiting for internet connection. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #96
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Is it possible to ge OneDrive to work on Kobo Forma?

I love the Dropbox support, but most of my files are on OneDrive.
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:52 AM   #97
ishraklancer
ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ishraklancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Working smoothly on the Libra 2. No problems so far. Didn't have any wifi issues or sync issues that some people reported
ishraklancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:52 AM   #98
trifecta
trifecta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
I'm trying to set this up on the Libra 2 (version 4.30), and I can't get it to work so far.

My kobocloudrc file has the following:

However, all I see in the get.log is

I can't seem to progress beyond this waiting for internet connection. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA.
Nevermind, I managed to get it to work. Turns out I had to change some DNS settings on my router.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:23 AM   #99
mdeluca
mdeluca began at the beginning.

Loaded onto Libra 2 and syncing to Google Drive without problems - thanks fSantini!

I noticed today that there is another new update posted in GitHub - what is the preferred path for updating the version currently on my ereader? Do I download the new version and let it overwrite the current installation? Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall? Other?

Thanks -
mdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 03:35 AM   #100
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeluca View Post
Loaded onto Libra 2 and syncing to Google Drive without problems - thanks fSantini!

I noticed today that there is another new update posted in GitHub - what is the preferred path for updating the version currently on my ereader? Do I download the new version and let it overwrite the current installation? Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall? Other?

Thanks -
Hi! Thanks for installing it. Glad to hear that it works!

To update, just download the new version and let it install, you don't need to uninstall anything.
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #101
mdeluca
mdeluca began at the beginning.

Thanks!
mdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #102
Mojav
Mojav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara2e, Nexus 7, Samsung S7 Tab, BN Nook Simple Touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
Is there a way to tell kobocloud to save books on another location instead of .add/kobocloud/kobocloudrc/library?
I would definitely be interested in this. My cloud or downloaded epubs are missing the thumbnail epub images probably cause of the hidden location. If I move them they will then appear. I suppose easier if I changed the download location.

Mojav

Haven’t seen this referenced anywhere I could find.
Mojav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 06:35 AM   #103
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

Is it possible to use this to sync on a Synology Drive on my intranet ?
I tried to use a link from one of my Synology folder, but it seems that this doesn't work.

http://192.168.165.9:5000/d/f/755914614081270259095

BR
Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:38 PM   #104
popz
popz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
Nevermind, I managed to get it to work. Turns out I had to change some DNS settings on my router.
I have the same problem. Could you tell me what settings in the router to change.
popz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:37 PM   #105
o_spring
o_spring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Edition 2 / Kobo Libra 2
Hi. I have a libra 2 kobo and I have installed lastest version of kobocloud (September 2023) to sync a google drive folder. It is working but my kobo has now two strange behaviors :
1) when waking up the kobo on the ongoing ebook, a few seconds later I am kicked out of the book and sent to the Home Screen.
2) my kobo is on sleep state in the evening (with the cover of the book on screen) and find my kobo out of sleep in the morning on the Home Screen. Note that I don’t have yet protective cover on it

What can I do ?
o_spring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud