Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
How much space is available to install apps? Are you going to try to install Google play store? How did you root?
1GB of free space to install apps. (I used 450mb)
Yes, I have installed Google Play store and Amazon app store too.

I attached the removed images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen029315k3j.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	127945   Click image for larger version

Name:	e1.png
Views:	487
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	127946   Click image for larger version

Name:	e2.png
Views:	519
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	127947   Click image for larger version

Name:	e3.png
Views:	469
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	127948   Click image for larger version

Name:	e4.png
Views:	478
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	127949  
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #47
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post

Thanks! How did you install Google play - did you have to install other Google stuff too? Nate said he tried on the T61 but it didn't work. What did you use to root?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #48
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I just realized the images are in color - how did you do that?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #49
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
I have installed and tried out many PDF reader (even the trial ones such as ezPDF). Unfortunately, the best one for all PDF documents (especially the scanned ones), is Duokan for Android. This allows Text Reflow, allowing the size of the text to fit in the available display screen (the only alternative PDF reader that I found that can do this for scanned documents is 'Foxit PDF').
Others do not manage to resize the result of the text reflow (for scanned docs).
Comparing Foxit PDF with Duokan I must stress that the text resize in Foxit PDF (there is a 'A-' and a 'A+' button) is limited to only 4-5 sizes. Duokan is far better in this.

The common problem is that they are all intended for Smartphones and Tablets, hence they all have color combinations that make it hard to read lists and drop-down boxes.
Duokan used to be great but now that is taken over as a front-end to an all-Chinese bookstore, some non-English characters in book titles do not appear (e.g., the accented ones in many languages).
So, if you are into reading PDFs on the device consider these two readers (apart from the already existing by Adobe which integrates smoothly with dictionaries for normal PDFs, i.e., not scanned ones).
Also the font size for book titles/PDF files names is very small. I haven't found yet a setting to increase it and change color combinations to make such lists easy to go through.
So far, a Kindle Keyboard with Duokan 2014 (April version I think) is better than Icarus/T61. I hope that in the near future, the firmware will be updated to become as mature.

If anyone has found a good free PDF and DJVu reader with Text-reflow for scanned PDFs, please inform us.

PS. I feel (I am not certain) that while the WiFi is on, the battery drain is not very high compared to what I had experienced with Kindle Keyboard. Pitty that the standby mode drains battery. They need to fix this so that we don't have to automatically shutdown the machine to work around with this problem.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #50
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Thanks! How did you install Google play - did you have to install other Google stuff too? Nate said he tried on the T61 but it didn't work. What did you use to root?
I copied 5 apks (using Root Explorer ) to /system/app/ and changed their permissions to 644.

Rooting is easy.
http://www.amongtech.com/root-androi...hout-computer/

to replace the Chinese superuser app you must copy Chainfire Superuser (Superuser.apk) to /system/app (chmod to 644)

I am sure there are many ways to root this device.
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #51
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I copied 5 apks (using Root Explorer ) to /system/app/ and changed their permissions to 644.
Which 5 apks?
Old 09-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #52
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Which 5 apks?
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Phonesky.apk

I got this package from XDA.

keep in mind, there is an update for t62. So, you should update your device before rooting & installing play store.

I can post a complete guide for rooting and modding these three devices(t61,t62& E653). Unfortunately, we are missing a separate section for these devices in this forum. So, I dont know where to post.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #53
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
keep in mind, there is an update for t62. So, you should update your device before rooting & installing play store.
Do you have a link to the update site? I found the update for the T61 but not for the T62. I'm more interested in the T62 due to the larger battery and more memory.

Thanks
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #54
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Phonesky.apk

I got this package from XDA.

I can post a complete guide for rooting and modding these three devices(t61,t62& E653). Unfortunately, we are missing a separate section for these devices in this forum. So, I dont know where to post.
You could create a new thread here in the android devices forum. This thread is more general so far. Or you could just post it here.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #55
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
Do you have a link to the update site? I found the update for the T61 but not for the T62. I'm more interested in the T62 due to the larger battery and more memory.

Thanks
thanks to goolge translate, I found the link in a Chinese ereaders' website which is similar to mobileread. ( mydoo(dot)cn )

pan.baidu.com/s/1mgn2w7Q

Quote:
You could create a new thread here in the android devices forum. This thread is more general so far. Or you could just post it here.
I guess a new topic is the best option.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #56
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
I posted this in another thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244800).

The Illumina now comes with an App store from Good e-reader pre-installed. The press release can be found here http://194.33.112.113/~icarusre/open...news&news_id=3 and there's a special section for apps for e-ink devices.
Link to the app store: http://apps.goodereader.com/.

I believe that this app store canbe installed on readers shipped without it.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #57
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Hi

I have received a Boyue T61 and installed the Google Play store and several ebook readers.
So far every thing works fine except for the Goldendict which is my favorite dictionary software.
It works on its own. But it does show only a blank screen when called from ebook readers like Alreader and Cool reader. It looks the dictionary software hits words in dictionaries but failed to show them. It works on my Android Kobo Glo. I have compared its setting on both readers but they are the same. If you had the same problem and could sove it, please help me.

takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #58
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by takikura View Post
Hi

I have received a Boyue T61 and installed the Google Play store and several ebook readers.
So far every thing works fine except for the Goldendict which is my favorite dictionary software.
It works on its own. But it does show only a blank screen when called from ebook readers like Alreader and Cool reader. It looks the dictionary software hits words in dictionaries but failed to show them. It works on my Android Kobo Glo. I have compared its setting on both readers but they are the same. If you had the same problem and could sove it, please help me.

takikura
Does it have a night mode or dark theme? If you can change that to a light theme you may be able to see it then. It's a common problem with apps on eink - dark mode means white letters which you can't see on an eink screen.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #59
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Does it have a night mode or dark theme? If you can change that to a light theme you may be able to see it then. It's a common problem with apps on eink - dark mode means white letters which you can't see on an eink screen.
Thanks for the quick reply. Neither the Goldendict nor readers are in a night mode. I tried night modes of them but the result was the same.

Best regards
takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #60
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
just got my T61, didn't have much time to play with it but from a quick play with it looks very good, a nice upgrade from my NSG and NST

for me the main point is being able to use moon+ to sync with all my devices and dropbox to sync the calibre library i have on it

EDIT
what is the latest rom version for the T61, think i prefer it to the E653
also might see if anyone at XDA want to play with it and make custom rom, things that might go well is key remapping for the unused +- on the side(right or left) and wake by any key.

i have to say i do like the book browser, shows progress really well, new books and ect...

Last edited by iakovl; 09-12-2014 at 11:08 AM.
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, eink, ereader, icarus