Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #91
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
there is an firmware update for those who have purchased Midia InkPhone.
Is there any news about the next batch with corrected IMEI problem?

Last edited by kacir; 09-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #92
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Is there any news about the next batch with corrected IMEI problem?
kacir,

only few (maybe 3-4) customers had some problems with IMEI, the rest do not have any problems with sending text msgs, making calls.

The next batch will be available soon.
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #93
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
The next batch will be available soon.
Thank you for the info.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #94
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Ah, nice to hear about the update. Thanks!

Quote:
kacir,
only few (maybe 3-4) customers had some problems with IMEI, the rest do not have any problems with sending text msgs, making calls.
Well, I still like my E43, but you are dodging the question here.

The questions really are,

1) how many people did check their IMEI without having problems?
(I did and the IMEI of my device could have led, and could still lead to problems)

and

2) will the next batch have potential problems with dead/cloned IMEI too?
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #95
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post

1) how many people did check their IMEI without having problems?
(I did and the IMEI of my device could have led, and could still lead to problems)

and

2) will the next batch have potential problems with dead/cloned IMEI too?
1) I cannot possibly answer that question. We would have to contact every customer.
2) No.
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 07:42 AM   #96
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
1) I cannot possibly answer that question. We would have to contact every customer.
2) No.
Which range of IMEI will the new phones have?
I don't see Onyx listed on www.imei.info
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #97
ArtaTechPoland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Which range of IMEI will the new phones have?
I don't see Onyx listed on www.imei.info
This site lists only operators who decided to register phones and IMEI's. The manufacturer does not have to do this. I cannot provide you this kind of information.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #98
Open sesame
Open sesame began at the beginning.

Device: Boox e43
Does seem to me that Artatech are dodging the issue. The imei has nothing to do with operators. It is the manufacturer responsibility to use a registered imei.

Picking one imei at random is hardly the way to launch a new device.

Based on Artatech feedback it would be a tremendous risk for anyone to try buying their phone. Having burned my hands once , I just can't justify these comments from Artatech.

If on the other hand they have learned their lesson, I would still wait for someone else to buy one first.

That being said they have not solved the issue for people who faced problems with imei. Their best reply was that they would check with manufacturing. If it was a matter of 3-4 people why not provide a replacement device at their cost and end the issue.

Any company launching a new product would have done that in a jiffy.

This leads me to believe that it is not a minor issue as they mention.
Open sesame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #99
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open sesame View Post
Does seem to me that Artatech are dodging the issue. The imei has nothing to do with operators. It is the manufacturer responsibility to use a registered imei.
Indeed, i would have say that every vendor of Onyx devices right now would be extremely sensible to the matter, for regaining the trust after this former manifacturer mistake.
I was expecting an answer like
- our new devices in stock have these ranges
- this range is owned by Onyx or Onyx reached an agreement with bigger manifacturer XYZ
Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #100
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
ONYX E43 follow-up model?

I am convinced that there is a substantial market for an eink phone. Many people do not use video and games on their smartphone, but would appreciate lower battery consumption, better visibility outdoors and a lower price (since video and games require high performance, which makes a smartphone expensive).

Does anybody know if there will be a successor to E43?

@ArtaTechPoland:
Do you have insider information about an E43 follow-up? Unfortunately, the contact page of onyx-international.com/en is out of order for weeks now, so I could not ask by myself.

Any response is highly appreciated.
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #101
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philju View Post
@ArtaTechPoland:
Do you have insider information about an E43 follow-up? Unfortunately, the contact page of onyx-international.com/en is out of order for weeks now, so I could not ask by myself.
ArtaTech's web site is http://onyx-boox.com
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #102
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Midia InkPhone follow-up?

So I contacted ArtaTech and got the following reply:

Hello,

Midia InkPhone “Explorer Edition” is going to be available soon. Please follow our “News” section on https://onyx-boox.com/category/news and Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/onyxboox to get the latest information about our products.

E43 will be without problem with IMEI.

Regards,

There is nothing said about a follow-up. But since the current Midia InkPhone is referred to as "Explorer Edition", there is a chance for more editions coming.
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #103
underscore
Addict

My former experience with ArtaTech as a customer is good (i do own a black pearl m92).
But i keep my point that

"E43 will be without problem with IMEI"

Is not an answer to the reasonable question we are doing that is, again..
What's the range of IMEI they are using now ?
It's not possible to promise E43 without IMEI issues and not saying this information.
You have to prove owning a good before selling it.