Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2021, 01:39 AM   #31
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78

Deep Guide battery review on the kobo Sage
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #32
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
But the original Oasis came stock with the battery cover, if I remember correctly, so you never had to deal with a short battery life.
The Forma has excellent battery life, so clearly not problem with the squarer format or battery size.
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #33
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinot View Post
The Forma has excellent battery life, so clearly not problem with the squarer format or battery size.
The problem is with the battery size AND the quad-core processor which the Sage has. The Forma has an older processor.

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-26-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:56 AM   #34
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The problem is with the battery size AND the quad-core processor which the Sage has. The Forma has an older processor.
Quad core or not, I have PDFs that are not readable on Sage because of a VERY sluggish response time, so I have to put them in the Elipsa only pile. Could it be because of RAM?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:10 AM   #35
Fozkas
Connoisseur
Fozkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Doesn't seem the sage cpu had been fully optimised.
Fozkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #36
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
The Sage also does more than The Forma. The stylus is constantly communicating over Bluetooth, if you have one. If you have headphones connected, those also use up power. The note taking built into the OS is something that isn't present on the Forma, either. It seems it's always the way that new technology sacrifices battery life until the engineers find ways to tweak the software to reduce battery usage while still touting all those bells and whistles.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Quad core or not, I have PDFs that are not readable on Sage because of a VERY sluggish response time, so I have to put them in the Elipsa only pile. Could it be because of RAM?
If I am correct, the Sage uses 1 core most of the time to conserve power.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #38
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmm... why the poor battery life then? Even when just reading and not using bluetooth, stylus or other bells and whistles.

That said, my Sage depletes very little when asleep, so it must do something when awake that eats battery. I wonder how many LEDs it has?

Still, anemic battery notwithstanding, I enjoy reading on my Sage a great deal, more than I enjoy my (almost perfect) Libra 2. It's my go-to reader now. The Libra I reserve for conditions where an uneven frontlight is particularly noticeable, or there is a lot of glare.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:11 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Correct .

I haven't double-checked since, but, outside of the actual notepad, it should only switch to "note taking" mode (i.e., 3-cores) if it detects a pen hover. (That... appeared to be broken on the initial firmware, where opening any note-capable document (e.g., an official KePub) seemed to just mostly stick to that mode).

Quote:
Hmm... why the poor battery life then? Even when just reading and not using bluetooth, stylus or other bells and whistles.
Our meager experience with sunxi SoCs on PocketBook devices taught us that they're just very, very, very bad at power management, for some reason someone more hardware-inclined might possibly shed more light on . (RockChip SoCs would fall into the same "oh, god, please no" boat).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-29-2021 at 04:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote