Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-30-2020, 07:25 AM   #46
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For my curiosity, which sources are you using for covers?
It's been a while since I fixed a bunch of covers all at once, the books I've imported lately either already had good covers, had internal images I used, or were so abstract that no picture would make any sense anyway or at least wouldn't have a cover in an external source.

The sources I remember getting best covers from (in no particular order) are amazon, google, and overdrive. Usually I see covers from all of those, and then select the best one. A lot of times the first source to return a cover provides a cover not much better than a scan of a plain text cover that could have been generated by the Generate Cover plugin; I'm looking for something with a picture in it, and if the text isn't big and clear, I'll crop it and use Generate Cover using the cropped image.

I don't remember if I grabbed the overdrive covers from the web browser or if the metadata plugin was able to get them, but overdrive covers are usually pretty good. I think I asked a while ago if I could import covers from the device's cover cache -- and if I did, it would probably be to get the overdrive cover from a book I just picked up.

I don't know if I've ever tried covers from kobo. I don't seem to have smashwords installed (fixed now). I'll have to try those.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #47
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just checked. Found a gutenberg book I added recently that didn't have a cover.
Typically I'd use an image from inside the book, but for testing purposes, I just checked what was available for it.

Amazon had a boring plain text cover.
Goodreads had an ugly fuzzy cover with a picture that was out of focused or pixelated.
Google and fantastic fiction pulled different covers that were just headshots of the author with a title.

And as you suggested, kobo books had the best cover.
(Just checked, gutenberg didn't include any useful pictures in this book.)

Last edited by compurandom; 11-30-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2020, 12:20 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.5.0

I have just released version 1.5.0 of the plugin. The changes in the release are:
  • New: Add function to change enabled Metadata download sources.
  • New: Make translatable.

These changes were in the beta I released last month.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any issues, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #49
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released version 1.5.0 of the plugin.
Very nice! thanks!

Minor constructive criticisms:

The new pane doesn't save column widths.

It would be nice (I think) if the regex pattern and enabled sources columns were marked to soak up unused column width.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:30 AM   #50
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
To revive the thread.
I leave the complement translated into Spanish

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-11-2022 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Removed old version as translations included in newer releases
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:49 AM   #51
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Error when trying to use the "Customise" option when using Calibre 6 beta
Quote:
calibre, version 5.99.10
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'

calibre 5.99.10* embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 5, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.action", line 186, in show_configuration
File "C:\Users\george\github\calibre\src\calibre\custom ize\__init__.py", line 166, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.__init__", line 62, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 476, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 134, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 154, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 166, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.common_util s", line 267, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #52
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Error when trying to use the "Customise" option when using Calibre 6 beta
same here :\
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:30 PM   #53
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
same here :\
I will take a look at this tomorrow, have been working through the older plugins first in getting some updates…
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:49 PM   #54
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I will take a look at this tomorrow, have been working through the older plugins first in getting some updates…
Old 09-11-2022, 05:45 AM   #55
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you Kiwidude for stepping back into the fray
Old 09-11-2022, 10:08 AM   #56
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.6.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • New: Include Russian translations
  • Fix: Qt incompatibility issues

Thanks for the report of the problem above.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:06 AM   #57
georgemk
Addict

Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • New: Include Russian translations
  • Fix: Qt incompatibility issues

Thanks for the report of the problem above.
Thanks for the fix but I've broke it again! Sorry. Within the Customise Plug-in dialogue box when I click on the button "Keyboard Shortcuts" this error occurs
Code:
calibre, version 6.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:KeyboardConfigDialog.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'title'

calibre 6.4  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 664, in edit_shortcuts
TypeError: KeyboardConfigDialog.__init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'title'
Old 09-11-2022, 11:32 AM   #58
kiwidude

v1.6.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix: Keyboard shortcuts dialog

There is always one button you forget to press when testing... thanks georgemk for the feedback
Old 09-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #59
georgemk
Addict

Thanks @Kiwidude, fix works and I've yet to find a new break.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:14 PM   #60
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Thanks @Kiwidude, fix works and I've yet to find a new break.
I confirm, thanks!

Tags
error, nameerror, quick preferences