Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2021, 07:36 PM   #1
TetraKM
Connoisseur
TetraKM doesn't litterTetraKM doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505
Boox nova3 Color replacement cover

Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a replacement case that works well with my nova3 Color. I purchased the Boox recommended case - but it seems, that like many that the case has developed the crack of doom for no apparent reason. Anyone any ideas?
TetraKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:24 PM   #2
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
Bumping as I've been searching for a case for my new-to-me Nova 3. Frankly, I'm dismayed at the lack of options on Amazon and AliExpress. Yes it's a niche device but so are Pocketbook and Likebook and there are quite a few nice cases available for those devices.

Here's the one that came with my Nova:

KuRoKo Premium PU Leather Case Cover with Hand Strap, Pen Holder https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B083FLY1...F8PCCAY99952CZ

It has good protection but the chunky frame gets in the way of gestures and casts a shadow. The sleep wake feature doesn't work very well and the pen (which i don't use) is difficult to remove from the holder.

The official Boox case can be had for $28 on AliExpress ($40 elsewhere)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPvns3m . It's very slim and lightweight but doesn't protect the bottom or top and quite frankly, is pretty overpriced for something so basic.

I ended up ordering this one from Amazon (also sold on AliExpress):
Case Cover for Pocketbook inkpad 3/inkpad 3 pro/Pocketbook740/BOOX Nova Pro/Likebook Mars/Likebook Plus/Likebook muses 7.8 inch eReader (Grey) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Z4VXD...MRRZYBJH0BB1PW

It's a generic 7.8 tablet/reader case that looks similar to the official case but far more affordable at $13.

Someone on Reddit suggested stretching an iPad Mini case to fit the Nova but I found it too wide to fit.

I'd welcome any other recommendations anyone has for cases.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, nova 3 color, replacement parts