Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #34831
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm having Starbucks' Pike Place blend this morning (work Keurig), but I'm very-much looking forward to getting back to the Lagavulin this eve.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #34832
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Maxwell house coffee, a blend of light and dark roast.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #34833
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Ceylon black tea
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #34834
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm having Starbucks' Pike Place blend this morning (work Keurig), but I'm very-much looking forward to getting back to the Lagavulin this eve.
Finally back home after a harrowing afternoon trying to drive on ice up and down some significant hills. On the wrong side of the ferry ride from home!

Definitely, so Lagavulin tonight. I deserve it!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #34835
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Good to know you got home safely. I have had my breakfast apple juice and first mug of black coffee for the day, so am ready for (almost) anything.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #34836
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, glad to have escaped that with no more than my nerves shattered! I ended up staying in a hotel/motel with no power for 6 hours, and it was hardly a 4-star hotel at the best of times, but I was able to pull into it, park my car, and just wait out the storm. And the power (and thus heat) came on in time to watch The National at 6PM. What more could you ask for?

Faux San Pellegrino.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #34837
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just starting my second tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Maxwell house coffee, a blend of light and dark roast.
Ahhh, good to the last drop. I remember the (black & white) commercials!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #34838
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Care True Black
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #34839
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend coffee. Though if it stays this cold all day, I'll be switching to cocoa! Down to -2C. Brrr.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #34840
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Second tea of the day.

I'm getting perilously low on tea and I needed to be on the road earlier today, so I drove out to the Asian market. Their tea selections are still skewed to the (much) pricier brands, but I was able to pick up a large canister of Oolong, so I'm in better shape.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #34841
CRussel
(he/him/his)

One does not want to run out of tea!

Currently my cup is full of Lion Mountain Keemun. Perfect for a quiet afternoon at home.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #34842
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale. As God is my witness, this will be the last Indian or American Pale Ale I ever buy. I give up trying to acquire the taste. From now on, my ales will be browns, stouts, porters, or Belgians ... or they will be lagers.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #34843
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
IPA's are an acquired taste ... and IMHO best for hot weather.
If you like brown ales, porters, etc. you might give Guinness Nitro IPA a taste ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #34844
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
IPA's are an acquired taste ... and IMHO best for hot weather.
It ain't for lack of trying that I haven't acquired the taste. I can tell you that. I've tried some dry-hopped IPAs, or ones that were hopped near the end of the boil, that weren't horrible, but most of them seem to pride themselves on crafting the most bitter brew imaginable by hopping early and often. Like assault-your-mouth bitter. Where's the fun in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you like brown ales, porters, etc. you might give Guinness Nitro IPA a taste ...
Maybe. But if it's hopped up early in the brewing process, it runs the risk of being too bitter for me.

I understand a touch of bitter. I just don't understand bitter being the entire goal of the endeavor.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #34845
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I agree - IPA's can be way over-hopped (Arrogant Bastard was the most bitter IPA I have encountered so far) and bitter -- but I find them interesting.

Guinness Nitro IPA is hopped ... but much gentler (maybe it's the nitrogen bubbles) on the palate.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?