Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
foolnotion
foolnotion began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Problems with brand new Libra 2 (fw update, wifi)

Hi,

I have my new Kobo Libra 2 for a few days and I am very happy with the look and feel compared to my previous Kindle device. But I have two problems:

1. Main problem: I am stuck on firmware version 4.34.20148, whenever I click on sync, it downloads an update, asks me to update later/now, when I click on update now it starts updating, but upon reboot the firmware is still 4.34.20148 and clicking on sync again repeats the cycle. Note that I also tried manual firmware update via USB with the same results, both in linux by copying the firmware from https://cdn.kobo.com/downloads/firmw...4.38.21908.zip and in windows via the kobo desktop app. Same results. Factory resets or manual resets also didn't help.

2. Less critical: the device always forgets the wifi password.

Is my device broken? Should I send it back or ask for a replacement?

Thank you.
foolnotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 02:36 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would get it replaced. It does sound faulty.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2023, 01:10 PM   #3
foolnotion
foolnotion began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
The replacement arrived today and works fine, updated without a hitch! Seems like the first one really was a dud. Thanks for the comment!
foolnotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, libra 2, update