Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
minigrrl
minigrrl began at the beginning.

Device: eReader on many Palms, Treos & iPhone, Cybook Gen3 x2, Pocketbook 360
FBReader blockquote

I received my Pocketbook 360 last week (yay! love it!) and am having a problem with blockquotes and fbreader. I did a bunch of searching but couldn't find anything other than this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I did investigate FBReader but I eventually decided that was a no go. FRReader does not display any scene breaks and does not understand the blockquote tag. It even omitted a salutation because it was superceded by a blockquote.
I couldn't find any replies addressing the above blockquote issue.

I'm using the latest version of fbreader (0.8.0).

Basically, it looks like anything tagged with blockquote is not displayed.

Here is the text in Adobe showing the blockquote:
Name:  scr0002.bmp
Views: 926
Size:  59.5 KB

And here in fbreader not showing it:
Name:  scr0003.bmp
Views: 902
Size:  59.5 KB

The offending text in the html is preceded by :
Code:
<p class="calibre28"/>
And wrapped in:
Code:
<blockquote class="calibre29"><span class="calibre4">
I'm hoping there's a setting I'm missing in fbreader?

Barring that I guess I could look more into Calibre to see if I can set up my conversions to replace <blockquote> with something else.
minigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by minigrrl View Post
I received my Pocketbook 360 last week (yay! love it!) and am having a problem with blockquotes and fbreader. I did a bunch of searching but couldn't find anything other than this:

I couldn't find any replies addressing the above blockquote issue.

I'm using the latest version of fbreader (0.8.0).

Basically, it looks like anything tagged with blockquote is not displayed.

Here is the text in Adobe showing the blockquote:
Attachment 47383

And here in fbreader not showing it:
Attachment 47382

The offending text in the html is preceded by :
Code:
<p class="calibre28"/>
And wrapped in:
Code:
<blockquote class="calibre29"><span class="calibre4">
I'm hoping there's a setting I'm missing in fbreader?

Barring that I guess I could look more into Calibre to see if I can set up my conversions to replace <blockquote> with something else.
Well you can do that, of course. But I am really astonished by this. I'll check if this is happening systematically and then tell the GfK to work on that asap(GfK=Guys from Kiev). In the meantime, let's chant together: Ooops!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Do you get the same thing with Desktop FBReader? It certainly looks like a bug in the standard desktop FBReader, since I don't see blockquote as an option in the styles and format tabs - which is probably an oversight (not in FB2?). Even so, it should not skip the text entirely.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
minigrrl
minigrrl began at the beginning.

Device: eReader on many Palms, Treos & iPhone, Cybook Gen3 x2, Pocketbook 360
Good thinking! I've installed the desktop version and it does display the text. As expected there is no formatting on the blockquote, but as long as the text is there, I don't really mind.

It does make me wonder whether I've changed some setting in the reader version... I'll try going back to the default settings to see if that makes a difference.
minigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote