Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
LeJon
Enthusiast
LeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blueLeJon can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle
Page Refresh differences between Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Clara HD?

I tried the Kobo H20 years ago and there's ghosting after around 5 page turns. Heard Kindles is much better in this area due to lack of full Regal waveform support on the Kobo.

It seems newer eReaders are known to refresh after every chapter nowadays but unsure about ghosting.

1. For those who tried both Kindle Paperwhite 4 and Kobo Clara HD, how many page turns(all text) before ghosting appears?
2. Did Kobo start using full Regal waveform on Clara HD or it's still the same as their 2015 devices?
LeJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo do not use the Regal waveform on the Clara HD, but, it isn't the same as on 2015 devices. It isn't even the same on the 2015 devices with the current firmware.

I use the chapter refresh on all of my Kobo devices, and don't have any issues with ghosting. But, it is personal. Some people can't stand any and have no problems with a full refresh for each page turn. Others have set the refresh to 99 pages and have no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I use the chapter refresh on all of my Kobo devices, and don't have any issues with ghosting. But, it is personal.
Same. I've not seen any significant difference in ghosting between current Kobo and Kindle devices. Tweak settings to suit your preference.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
For the very short time I had a Clara HD I set the refresh for every 6 page turns. I do the same with my Kindle Paperwhite 2. I barely notice the flash.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote