Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
The Apologetics Bible

Has anyone tried out the Apologetics Bible yet? I have it as a hard copy and I love it! But I am wondering if anyone has it for the kindle yet. I would like to know how the articles and explanations play out on the screen, and if it has chapter jump. I paid 90.00 for my leather Bible and I was thinking of giving it to my mother for Christmas (it's barely used) if the Kindle edition was just as great. The cost for it 22.00, seems a bit high for an ebook to me, but I am willing to pay it if I know it's worth the cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Apologetics-St...832640&sr=8-17
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I have not tried out this Bible, but I can say that, for me, Bible reading on the Kindle can be difficult. It's especially annoying in the poetic passages because the line breaks always get messed up by the screen width. Also, verse number are distracting on the Kindle - at least in my opinion. I think the Bible (and especially a study Bible) would be best experienced as an app instead of a straight eBook
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
New English Translation (NET)

Try the Kindle NET for just $ 5.99 (not the 0.99 one). It has Direct Verse Jump and 61,000 verse footnotes.

As soon as I get my Kindle 3, I'll buy it. Right now I use the NowBible NIV Dramatized Bible. It also has Direct Verse Jump.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote