Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-01-2016, 07:21 AM   #16
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I would not normally have come across this story because of its length, or more precisely the lack thereof. I love short stories, novellas etc but have never purchased them as standalones. Always as part of an anthology, and I am not planning on changing.

Having said this, I did quite enjoy the story. It raises some interesting issues which were of course only touched upon and could well form the basis of an interesting novel length work.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #17
Xatalos
Xatalos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for reading. I may write a longer fiction story at some point, but for now I started with a shorter one as an experiment.
Xatalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #18
Xatalos

The book hasn't been free for some time now, but it'd be nice to receive reviews on Amazon from people who downloaded and read it. No need, of course, but there were some reviews on this thread as well so why not :P

The price is now 0.99$ which seems reasonable since the story isn't that long.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Yes your price seems reasonable.
I am guessing you had good downloads for your free promotion.
Like I tell all authors that talk about getting reviews shortly after a promo.
Give people time to read your book. Yes, I acknowledge it is short.
BUT and this is a big BUT, most people that download freebies tend to have big to be read lists.
So it may be a month, 6 months, a year or longer before they get around to your book.
Yes, I looked at your book because I found you here. Note I was looking at formatting and readability.
Had I found your book in the wild estimated read date would have been December 2018 at the earliest.

So my dear new author, have patience. You didn't write it in a day and it won't be read in a day.
Give the readers time and focus on your next book.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #20
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatalos View Post
The book hasn't been free for some time now, but it'd be nice to receive reviews on Amazon from people who downloaded and read it. No need, of course, but there were some reviews on this thread as well so why not :P

The price is now 0.99$ which seems reasonable since the story isn't that long.
Review left.

Price is reasonable, but I don't know how big the market for single short fiction stories is. I wish you well.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:23 AM   #21
Xatalos

Thanks for the review Yeah, I don't expect big sales. This was more of an experiment on Kindle publishing.

True - I can imagine that many would download tons of free eBooks and read them a long time later. Makes sense. Most of the free downloads were probably done "just in case" because it was free, not because it was expected to be read immediately.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the review Yeah, I don't expect big sales. This was more of an experiment on Kindle publishing.

True - I can imagine that many would download tons of free eBooks and read them a long time later. Makes sense. Most of the free downloads were probably done "just in case" because it was free, not because it was expected to be read immediately.
I will use me as an example because I grabbed my numbers for another poll here.
In 2011 I picked up 69 ebooks grand total $0.
In 2012 I grabbed 1922 ebooks grand total $0.
2013 was 5035 cost unknown because I am not going through 500 pages.
2014 1815 ebooks total cost $165.37 about half that cost was book bundles.
2015 1215 ebooks for $60. Mostly bundles and a few big names that were under $3.
2016 98 ebooks 94 were free. Total cost on the others $6.44.

That is 10, 154. About half are non-fiction and cookbooks.

I wouldn't call it just in case. I would call it oh cool a sale. Let me stock up on books.

Oh and the reason for the big drop in numbers is I have gotten much pickier on the freebies.
About half both fiction and non-fiction turned out to be unreadable.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #23
Xatalos

The downside of direct publishing, I guess...
Old 05-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #24
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
The downside of direct publishing, I guess...
I call it the "I can now get which quick riting a bok" mentality.

You do have tremendous potential.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #25
Xatalos

Thanks

Tags
alien planet thriller, artificial intelligence, hecate, science fiction thriller, space colony