Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-26-2016, 06:18 AM   #1
Xatalos
Xatalos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hecate - Science Fiction / Thriller - Free for 3 Days!

Hello!

Hecate is no longer free, but still costs only 0.99$.

http://www.amazon.com/Hecate-Teemu-S...eywords=Hecate

It's actually my first book in English, so any kind of feedback either here or in the reviews is greatly appreciated!

Description:

Hecate is a thrilling sci-fi story set on an alien planet. One of the leaders of an isolated colony needs to make difficult decisions about their future as the powerful Sol Empire approaches them...

Excerpt:

'The Sol Empire will never be able to take our colony', the First Founder said. 'If they try, we can simply repel them with 'it'.'

I could hardly believe his arrogance. Would this fool lead us to our deaths?

'If we start a war, we will surely be destroyed', I argued. 'Wouldn't it be better to aim for a favorable peace treaty while we still have something to negotiate with?'

The First Founder looked at me with a condemning expression.

'If you pursue this issue, Faron, I'll ask for you to be removed from the council. We will never submit to the Empire's rule.'

Last edited by Xatalos; 05-03-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Xatalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The link you had up didn't work. Here's a working link.
Amazon US
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:01 AM   #3
Xatalos

Oh, it worked for me... But thanks for the correction! I updated the link.

2 days left to go on the promotion. If you read the book, reviews would be greatly appreciated as well as general feedback!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:14 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatalos View Post
Oh, it worked for me... But thanks for the correction! I updated the link.

2 days left to go on the promotion. If you read the book, reviews would be greatly appreciated as well as general feedback!
I just tried your link again and it did work now. Earlier though I got a message that the page couldn't be shown for some reason. Internet gremlins I suppose.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #5
Xatalos

Hm.. Well, it's all good if it works now.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Thanks for the fix. I grabbed the book and will be back with feedback.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:58 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You asked for feedback.
Your English is good. Your formatting is throwing me out of the story.
Why did you double-space between every paragraph?
Please look at some other ebooks to see how paragraphs are handled.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #8
Xatalos

Ah yeah... That is true... Others seem to use indentation rather than space between paragraphs...

I may have to republish to fix that.

Thanks for the comment!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

You are welcome.
Double spacing is good for academic papers and then between lines not paragraphs.
Now your story is good.
But the start-stop on the double spacing throws one out of the story.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
Xatalos

Although there seem to be some eBooks formatted similarly to how I did there such as http://www.amazon.com/Thinking-Tree-...s=hecate+scifi

However, since I see no real downside to formatting like you suggested, it's done now. I actually like it better myself too.

It seems like it might take 12-24 hours or so before the updated version goes live though. There should be enough time for that before the promotion ends.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #11
Xatalos

Oh... Alright. Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Also thanks for complimenting the story What did you think about the "twist" (alternative ending)?

Although this might not be the best case to discuss that considering spoilers. Perhaps private message?
Old 04-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatalos View Post
Oh... Alright. Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Also thanks for complimenting the story What did you think about the "twist" (alternative ending)?

Although this might not be the best case to discuss that considering spoilers. Perhaps private message?
I didn't read that far yet. I will let you know when I finish it.
On formatting, yes there are a few books that have formatting like yours. I also ran across one that looked like this...

Space space space - - - one sentence- - -

4 spaces - - -two sentence---

-name-

and so on an so forth.

That was a mess.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
Xatalos

Okay. That sounds like a mess alright...
Old 04-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #14
Xatalos

Looks like the updates are publishing now. The improved formatting should be live sometime soon (hopefully).
Old 04-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #15
Xatalos

Alright, the updated version is now live.

Tags
alien planet thriller, artificial intelligence, hecate, science fiction thriller, space colony