Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
stbinan
stbinan began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2, Boox Note, Hisense A5
Tiny trick to koreader mini progress bar

Feel annoying the same with me the mini progress bar appears when you just want to go to the next page?

Here is my trick:

open /koreader/defaults.lua as text file, search 'minibar' (no quotation mark) and modify the line below:
Code:
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0, y = 15/16, w = 1, h = 1/16}
-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion of screen height
-- w: width of tap zone in proportion of screen width
-- h: height of tap zone in proportion of screen height

So I changed x=0 to x = 1/4, w = 1 to w = 1/4 and the tap area is limited from 1/4 to 1/2 of the width.

continue searching and get:
Code:
-- configure "mini" progress bar
DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE = false
DMINIBAR_PROGRESSBAR = true
DMINIBAR_TIME = true
DMINIBAR_PAGES = true
DMINIBAR_NEXT_CHAPTER = true
DMINIBAR_BATTERY = true
I just prefer it to show time and pages and all at once, so I deleted
Code:
DMINIBAR_NEXT_CHAPTER = true
DMINIBAR_BATTERY = true
and change DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE = false to DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE = true

Everything works fine
stbinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to to the dev forum, since this is not about the Kindle's standard firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
A short note: Don't change defaults.lua, the changes will get overwritten by the next update. Rather create or edit a file defaults.persistent.lua and just put the changed lines in there. Instead of deleting the lines where the variables are being set to true, just replace "true" by "false" (without parenthesis).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
stbinan
stbinan began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2, Boox Note, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
A short note: Don't change defaults.lua, the changes will get overwritten by the next update. Rather create or edit a file defaults.persistent.lua and just put the changed lines in there. Instead of deleting the lines where the variables are being set to true, just replace "true" by "false" (without parenthesis).
Thank you for the tip
stbinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
As regards the first message of this thread, I read different values in my defaults.lua file:

Code:
DMINIBAR_TOC_MARKER_WIDTH = 2   -- Looses usefulness > 3
DMINIBAR_HEIGHT = 7             -- Should be smaller than DMINIBAR_CONTAINER_HEIGHT
DMINIBAR_CONTAINER_HEIGHT = 14  -- Larger means more padding at the bottom, at the risk of eating into the last line
DMINIBAR_FONT_SIZE = 14
Can I add some of the values up there like the following?

DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE = true
DMINIBAR_PROGRESSBAR = true
DMINIBAR_TIME = false
DMINIBAR_PAGES = true
DMINIBAR_NEXT_CHAPTER = false
DMINIBAR_BATTERY = true

I have a three-weeks old build of Koreader.

Edit: I tried it but it changes nothing. so I erased my changes

Last edited by roger64; 06-22-2015 at 01:24 PM. Reason: edit
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #6
knavite
knavite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Edit: I tried it but it changes nothing. so I erased my changes
Hi Roger64,

I was able to set 'DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE' on my touch. Refer here
knavite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

This above trick is still working on jailbroken PW3. Thanks again.

Last edited by roger64; 02-07-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:55 AM   #8
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

Would that work for Android version? If so, am I supposed to put this under sdcard/koreader or /data/data/koreder folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:19 AM   #9
roger64
Wizard

Hi

After the last OTA update, instead of my chosen "all at once" minibar elements (time, page and battery), I now have a fourth one, a progress bar alongside the previous three.

I do not know how to get rid of this latest element, the progress bar.

Here is what one can find in my persistent.lua file:

Code:
DMINIBAR_ALL_AT_ONCE = true
DMINIBAR_PROGRESSBAR = false
DMINIBAR_TIME = true
DMINIBAR_PAGES = true
DMINIBAR_NEXT_CHAPTER = false
DMINIBAR_BATTERY = true
Old 11-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #10
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
There was bug with progress bar visible even if turned off. https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2303

Now I tested my version (694) and after that it looks that progress bar can't be removed, you can just control if it contains chapter marks or not within progress bar. You control this from koreader menu.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
roger64
Wizard

@Alan

Thanks for the link, I was not aware of it. So t seems that 15 days ago there has been a "footer refactoring" of some kind.

I used a Kindle version (not a Kobo) v2015.11-675-g09f2db3 and updated again today to v2015.11-694-g64bc5cd (so it seems the version you were referring to).

Unhappily, as you confirm it, even after restart, the progress bar stays put even if it should not. I will report this to git-hub.

Done #2361

Last edited by roger64; 11-19-2016 at 11:34 PM. Reason: 2361
Old 11-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #12
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
@roger64: Thanks for opening a bug-report.

It seems like this behaviour of the progress bar isn't a bug, as the option to toggle the bar has been removed intentionally. Be that as it may, I would like to get that option back.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:13 AM   #13
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
@roger64: Thanks for opening a bug-report.

It seems like this behaviour of the progress bar isn't a bug, as the option to toggle the bar has been removed intentionally. Be that as it may, I would like to get that option back.
Indeed. And the quick reaction to it shows that toying unilaterally with the screen display hits a sensitive spot. Each one has its own idea about it.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:29 PM   #14
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The mod on footnote mysteriously disappeared today, even I turned off and on the setting in KOReader. Guess that I need to uninstall KO Reader and do it over again.
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, koreader, progress bar