Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Stylus oddity noticed when using Mobipocket

(I posted this to iRex's forums but I might possibly get better responses here)

iLiad is v1 running 2.12

When using mobipocket, if I have the dictionary search feature turned on and I put the stylus back into its slot it will search for the first word on the page. The only time this does not happen is if, when placing the stylus in its holder, you angle it away from the screen (back of the opening). If you angle it towards the screen or to the left/right of the opening it will end up performing a search.

I had only just got around to setting up dictionaries on the iLiad the week before I had to return it for battery replacement so I am not 100% sure if this was happening prior, but don't recollect it being so. It's a little annoying as I'd rather not have to turn on and off the search function just to search / replace stylus in iLiad.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
I haven't. But have you tried recalibrating the stylus, it could have got messed up during the battery replacement?
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
sharpshin
sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad V2
I've had the same problem a few times. I hadn't noticed what word it was searching on or the angling trick with the stylus. It doesn't always seem to happen, though. Mine is V2, so it wouldn't seem to be a stylus calibration problem.
sharpshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #4
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
I haven't. But have you tried recalibrating the stylus, it could have got messed up during the battery replacement?
Recalibration was the first thing I did after getting it back as I was having issues clicking any of the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen

Looks like it is "normal" behaviour. Now time to fashion some sort of shielding into the stylus holder...
cen is offline   Reply With Quote