Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
Any way to make KOReader reopen in ...

... the book that was being read when it was closed ?

Also, any way to make it remeber the folder that was opened last ?

Thanks
Ben (T62c)
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Which version of Koreader do you use?
If you already have a open book, press the file manager icon to close it.
Then, choose the gear icon and check the "Start with last opened file"
That's it.
As default, every time you choose the file manager icon it's shows the last location folder of the current opened file.
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Alas, this option isn't default, it would be great if it is made default, as most people want to open last book they read when they start koreader.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The options that get a check mark stay that way until changed, this one even when KOReader is restarted. There was an advanced/defaults settings to set that as well, but the way these script function data options are managed is undergoing changes now. A number of this sort of thing have been moved to "settings.reader.lua", including a ["open_last"] = true setting.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
@WolfBack - Thank you.

But as @Alan_S said - I do think this should have been the default. Let's hope ...

:-)

Ben
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The options that get a check mark stay that way until changed, this one even when KOReader is restarted. There was an advanced/defaults settings to set that as well, but the way these script function data options are managed is undergoing changes now. A number of this sort of thing have been moved to "settings.reader.lua", including a ["open_last"] = true setting.

Luck;
Ken
I just had incident with one book that totally crashed koreader (it also crashes CoolReader, as they use same engine).

Strangely, crash caused my settings to disappear, including this one and some others. Also affected clock and battery readings.

Anyway, didn't know about settings.reader.lua option, but for me, after crash, I needed to check it, including checking seeing hidden files (store my books in .Books folder, thanks to your great advice).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
master.yoda
master.yoda began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
opening book on power on

do you turn the reader completely off or do you leave it in sleep mode with the front cover closed? i tend to power off to save battery life, but today i noticed the battery is fully charged even after several hours in sleep mode.

another question: can i launch koreader (or coolreader) with last opened book automatically after power on?

thank you
master.yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by master.yoda View Post
do you turn the reader completely off or do you leave it in sleep mode with the front cover closed? i tend to power off to save battery life, but today i noticed the battery is fully charged even after several hours in sleep mode.

another question: can i launch koreader (or coolreader) with last opened book automatically after power on?

thank you
There are KSM and KOReader settings to do that.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote