Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@new: Just delete the o.5 calibre folder to uninstall. Dont worry about left behinf preferences, 0.6 automatically upgrades them.

@bmfrosty: Sure, go ahead, I wont promise to implement all your ideas, but I always welcome feedback

@AlexBell: I love Biggles, read all the books, unfortunately, could only find a couple in didgital format, the last time I looked
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sherryk_us: It may just be taking a longer time than before. Have you tried waiting?
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
I waited about a half an hour the first time, but only 10 or 15 minutes the second and third time.

BTW importing new books seems to work really well and faster than with the previous version of Calibre! Weird.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Smile Converting epub input to text output

I upgraded and was hoping to convert from epub to text like the "New Features" said it could, but I can't find the right command-line program. It's not any2txt or epub2txt. Which one is it?
Thanks,
Paul

Never mind. I was able to accomplish this in the GUI.
Paul

Last edited by p3aul; 07-25-2009 at 11:58 AM.
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryk_us View Post
I waited about a half an hour the first time, but only 10 or 15 minutes the second and third time.

BTW importing new books seems to work really well and faster than with the previous version of Calibre! Weird.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sherry
Can you please open a ticket, and I'll look into it. Too many forum posts today to keep track of.
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@p3aul: All the old conversion commands have been consolidated into a single command called ebook-convert

So for example

Code:
ebook-convert myfile.epub output.txt
Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #22
Garfunkel
Garfunkel began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
Kovid, please fix the FB2 input plugin TOC auto-creation issue. I've opened the ticket (#2814). I contacted the author of the plugin (Anatoly Shipitsin). See the details in the ticket info. Thanx.
Garfunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
pars_andy
Connoisseur
pars_andy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
This would be an excellent enhancement -- and I look forward to it.
I agree. Sadly i've read that it's not on the immediate 'to do' list at the moment though unless someone else wants to have a bash at developing the plug in. Unfortunately i'm just about able to program my dvd recorder but not much else so i doubt i'm going to be able to help in any way!
pars_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
One hint: for linux (at least, for ubuntu 9.04): you have to make sure, that the libphonon-package is installed. Especially the sources. Else you get the following messages (and calibre will not work):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/init.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/linux.py", line 8, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 11, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 339, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtWebKit.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: libphonon.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@Kovidgayal: it is possible to include these packages into the linux-binary?

Last edited by Eagleeye; 07-25-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Instalation in Mint Linux works perfectly.
I have just pasted the commandline from the download page into terminal window. No problem with old versions of libraries.

Thank you Kovid very, very much.

I hope that Sony engineers and Sony management pay attention. Sony Library has only fraction of features of Calibre.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Eagleeye: I've added a note about libphonon to the download page. Adding it to the binary is not an option as it has a whole list of its own dependencies

@kacir: Glad to hear it
Old 07-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #27
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Quote:
@p3aul: All the old conversion commands have been consolidated into a single command called ebook-convert

So for example

Code:

ebook-convert myfile.epub output.tx
Oh I gotcha! Thanks, Kovid!
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Thanks =X=, I realized it it was detecting the numbers after the unicode character once I got a look at those screen shots of how it was supposed to render. I've closed it out and according to Kovid the fix made it into 0.6.0.
Hi user_none,
Ah okay, Thanks I'll try it out

Also thank you for the the eReader conversion that is one of the features I've been most exited about in the 6 release esp since the eReader price are so attractive compared to some of the other formats.

BTW I've tried Outliers and there are some more problems. I'll write a trouble report and show some of the pictures when I have some time.

Last edited by =X=; 07-25-2009 at 05:52 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Kudos to Kovid and all who work with him. A great job well done!!!

Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #30
Berkyb
Berkyb began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Eagleeye: I've added a note about libphonon to the download page. Adding it to the binary is not an option as it has a whole list of its own dependencies

@kacir: Glad to hear it
I'm a linux newbie working on a dell mini netbook. I had no problems using the previous version of Calibre but am getting this error upon trying to install version 6: ImportError: libphonon.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed libphonon4 and libphonon-dev but continue to get the error. I've been reading message boards, the ubuntu community forums, and anything else I can find to fix the problem myself but keep coming up with nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheri
Berkyb is offline   Reply With Quote