Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #331
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Since resetting my column widths was the only impact, and that only had to be done once for each view, it's not a biggie for me
That's fine. I mainly mentioned it in regard to Jon's baby-with-the-bathwater recommendation of turning off highdpi entirely. Turning it off entirely should only be necessary if one was in the habit of turning off highdpi in previous Qt5 versions of Calibre. If you turned it on (or if Calibre's "auto" preference decided highdpi should be used) the correct environment variable setting to emulate that behavior in Qt6 is: QT_SCALE_FACTOR_ROUNDING_POLICY = Round.

I myself, am having good luck with a value of "RoundPreferFloor" for QT_SCALE_FACTOR_ROUNDING_POLICY on a laptop using a 125% scale.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-21-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:52 AM   #332
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That's fine. I mainly mentioned it in regard to Jon's baby-with-the-bathwater recommendation of turning off highdpi entirely.
Really? Such extremism is so out character for him. I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I say
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #333
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That makes windows smaller which means I would have to adjust them all again - so I'll leave it as is.

Perhaps Uncle Robin and Sirtel could disclose their display scaling setting, that might go some way to disproving my fractional scaling theory.

BR
Mine is 300%. High DPI has always been set on automatic.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:01 AM   #334
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

Closed

Don't think there are any incomplete conversations.

I'll leave it stuck for a while so it can be found easily.

Please post new issues to a new thread.

BR
Closed Thread