Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Okay, done. They were relatively inexpensive, so I was able to purchase 5 of the 9. Good luck to them.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:33 AM   #17
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
When I have encountered that particular descriptive term, it has usually been associated with a crossover between the science fiction and horror genres--Usually psychological horror, not bug-eyed-monster horror.
Ah, that was also what I kinda expected.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Day 2 Total: $227.20
Grand Total: $353.80

We're now in Day 3, however, and nothing new on their blog this early a.m.

Only $178.57142857124857142857143 needed for each day.

Let's hope they make it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Day 2 Total: $227.20
Grand Total: $353.80
Buying ebooks won't help in the short term, because FictionWise pays publishers quarterly (~45 days after the end of the quarter). At least buying an ebook before Jan 1st helps in the 1st quarter of next year.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
We're now in Day 3, however, and nothing new on their blog this early a.m.

Only $178.57142857124857142857143 needed for each day.

Let's hope they make it.
I have seen several here say that they have gone to Fictionwise to get some of there books. I'm not sure if that will help with their short term cash flow. Will it?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just checked at 11:00 this morning. This is what they report on their Blog:

Day 5 Total: $112.70
Grand Total: $1043.81

Just $1456.19 to go!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #22
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i went and got one. thanks for the heads-up - it's always good to help out an indie publisher
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Updated link to their progress (they moved blogs). Apparantly they are not doing well.

http://www.jason-sizemore.com/
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
This post from Jan 10th says that they came within $75 of their goal!
http://www.jason-sizemore.com/2009/01/10/it-happened/
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #25
jasonb57
Enthusiast
jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
This post from Jan 10th says that they came within $75 of their goal!
http://www.jason-sizemore.com/2009/01/10/it-happened/
Hi.

Someone left a note in a comment on my blog about this thread. I've read through it and to say I'm...touched would be an understatement. I really appreciate the support!

I dunno if mobileread.com caused the Apex website to crash, but I do know we got a lot of traffic from here.

I'll try to pop by whenever we have a new e-book out. And I'll definitely snoop around the forum...

Again:
jasonb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #26
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb57 View Post
Hi.

Someone left a note in a comment on my blog about this thread. I've read through it and to say I'm...touched would be an understatement. I really appreciate the support!

I dunno if mobileread.com caused the Apex website to crash, but I do know we got a lot of traffic from here.

I'll try to pop by whenever we have a new e-book out. And I'll definitely snoop around the forum...

Again:
Curious minds want to know...did ebook purchases help you out or do you get paid on those quarterly?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #27
jasonb57
Enthusiast
jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jasonb57 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Hi.

Again:
Er, this is Jason Sizemore, owner of Apex Publications.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #28
jasonb57
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Curious minds want to know...did ebook purchases help you out or do you get paid on those quarterly?

FW pays those out quarterly, so the purchases didn't count toward the sales tally. But rest assured every purchase made by the Mobileread.com people is appreciated!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #29
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
FW pays those out quarterly, so the purchases didn't count toward the sales tally. But rest assured every purchase made by the Mobileread.com people is appreciated!
Well don't be suprised if you get a massive influx on your next quarterly check

Keep us in the swing on new publications! And of course you are welcome just to come in and hang out too
Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Er, this is Jason Sizemore, owner of Apex Publications.
I'm glad you cleared that up. I was afraid you were Keyser Söze. (If you don't get the joke, don't worry. No one understands my sense of humor.)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote