Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
Keybounce
Enthusiast
Keybounce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle (various)
ToC, sub-chapters, kindles

I have a story that I want to get sub-chapters into the table of contents for kindles.

Basically, the goal:
1. Get tick-marks on the progress bar
2. Get chapter forward/back to work
3. Detect subchapter markers in the text.

There is an existing table of contents in the file. That has the main chapters. The sub-chapters are marked in the text by the lines

Quote:
<div class="bbcode-center"><p>~~~</p>
</div>
The source for this is "Song of the Spheres", on fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...of-the-spheres

For this particular story, each 13 chapter arc (except the first one) has a long story-length chapter.

See https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...-and-rarispies and https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...-the-comedians for examples.

I understand that Calibre has the ability to make second level ToC entries.

Using the wizard, I came up with this:

Quote:
//h:div[re:test(@class, "bbcode-center", "i")]
But ... well, I used the ToC editor, and placed that in the second level field. Going through all 13 chapters from 14 to 26, it found only 1, stuck it as a top level header, and it wasn't even in the right place.

So, help?

Downloaded from Fimfiction with the FanFicFare plugin.
Split into (manageable) sub-books with EPubSplit.
Keybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
Keybounce
Enthusiast
Keybounce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle (various)
(Side question: Where can I find an "edit post" or "add attachment" after hitting submit post?)
Keybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybounce View Post
(Side question: Where can I find an "edit post" or "add attachment" after hitting submit post?)
There should be an Edit button in the lower right corner. It may be hidden as you are a new user and your posts are being auto-moderated (I have been releasing them). Attachments are added while in edit mode (I use the Advanced edit, there is a paperclip icon for managing attachments).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybounce View Post
I have a story that I want to get sub-chapters into the table of contents for kindles.

Basically, the goal:
1. Get tick-marks on the progress bar
2. Get chapter forward/back to work
3. Detect subchapter markers in the text.

There is an existing table of contents in the file. That has the main chapters. The sub-chapters are marked in the text by the lines

The source for this is "Song of the Spheres", on fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...of-the-spheres

For this particular story, each 13 chapter arc (except the first one) has a long story-length chapter.

See https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...-and-rarispies and https://www.fimfiction.net/story/382...-the-comedians for examples.

I understand that Calibre has the ability to make second level ToC entries.

Using the wizard, I came up with this:

But ... well, I used the ToC editor, and placed that in the second level field. Going through all 13 chapters from 14 to 26, it found only 1, stuck it as a top level header, and it wasn't even in the right place.

So, help?

Downloaded from Fimfiction with the FanFicFare plugin.
Split into (manageable) sub-books with EPubSplit.
I use H# type gen for levels, so I am no help here.
IIRC your template needs to contain detection for All of the levels (for a total Regen of a TOC), to know where to place them in the list.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote