Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
dscoggins
dscoggins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Default bulk conversion output format to PDF

Calibre version 3.46 64-bit. I've only been using Calibre for a week, so I'm sure there's a really simple way to do this - I just haven't found it, in spite of reading the entire conversion section of the Calibre documentation several times. I want to set up an auto import folder so that any ebook dropped into that folder will be imported and converted to PDF format. The problem is getting the output format of PDF to stick. I go into convert books, bulk import and set the output option to PDF, but it always reverts to EPUB. How do I make this thing default to PDF, and stay there, without having to import each book one at a time?
dscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try setting Preferences->Behaviour->Preferred output format to PDF, and checking the Preferences->Add Books->Automatically convert added books to the current output format option.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
dscoggins
dscoggins began at the beginning.

Thank you very much - that is exactly what I was looking for.
dscoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kovid, suggestion : change setting title in Add Books to: Automatically convert added books to the preferred output format

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@BR: Sure
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bulk import, calibre, output formats