Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Looking for Audio adapter USB-C to AUDIO / earphone - BOOX Nova Pro

Hi

I am looking for an audio adapter compatible with Boox Nova Pro.
Adapter "USB-C" -> to Female jack for "earphone".

Something like that:

- For "Onyx Nova Pro".
- Do you already have any experience?
- If possible, on Amazon shop please
* Quietly combined Audio + Charger.

* I already bought these, but they didn't work .
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many thanks for possible suggestions

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
My guess is that none of them will work. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall reading that there is no USB host controller on these Onyx devices so you cannot simply hook up an external keyboard, speakers, USB stick etc through the USB port and have them work. Instead, you need to connect via Bluetooth.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
My guess is that none of them will work. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall reading that there is no USB host controller on these Onyx devices so you cannot simply hook up an external keyboard, speakers, USB stick etc through the USB port and have them work. Instead, you need to connect via Bluetooth.
Hi

- Yes, I understand, but I do not want to use the USB (comunication) port but that the AUDIO. Nothing to do with OTG
- Here is a video with USB-C to AUDIO and
Function correctly : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaWd511LqoQ

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-28-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #4
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
I concur with the previous answer. My understanding is that USB is for power only. I haven't gotten any kind of USB device to be recognized. I'd be very surprised if an audio adapter worked. That video is pretty sketchy. He doesn't actually demonstrate it working.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

But who knows. This post claims that it works on the Note. Gives a couple of adapters that supposedly work. Worth a try, I guess. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312254
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #6
Eyex97
Eyex97 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
My cheap, online bought adapter works with my Note
Eyex97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyex97 View Post
My cheap, online bought adapter works with my Note
Hi Eyex97 !

You wouldn't have a link to the product please ?
* If it could be amazon? At least the name of the manufacturer or model.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:17 AM   #8
Eyex97

Actually it is from a Hungarian online store. I found a similar one on Amazon.

Huawei USB-C to 3.5 mm Earphone/Headphone Audio Jack Adapter - White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076X8W2..._IJl8CbC4HXR7N
Old 05-31-2019, 04:48 AM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyex97 View Post
Actually it is from a Hungarian online store. I found a similar one on Amazon.

Huawei USB-C to 3.5 mm Earphone/Headphone Audio Jack Adapter - White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076X8W2..._IJl8CbC4HXR7N
Thanks for your help and schop link !
I will test it, if not, it is not serious, 4euro not Deadly

I wish you a beautiful day
Old 06-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #10
Eyex97

It will definitely work, mine is a noname chinese version working perfectly and this is from Huawei. It’s a quality product.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #11
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

My test
- Pasive adapter work :

https://youtu.be/nkts81byylU

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova_PRO_Audio_Adapter_USBC_Working.png
Views:	253
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	171835  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 06-11-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #12
TheFifth999
TheFifth999 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
I've just purchased this one and it works perfectly:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DFWXTQT/

As mentioned above, you need to get hold of a simply passive adaptor that doesn't have a DAC. The problem is that nobody seems to specifically say if their adaptor is passive or active, so it can be tricky to know.

From what I can tell the Pixel seems to require a DAC, so I looked for adaptors that specifically say they do not work with the Pixel. There seems to be lots of those, so I would assume that any of those will work with the Nova (Don't quote me on that though!).

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by TheFifth999; 06-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.
TheFifth999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:51 PM   #13
RedCentre
RedCentre began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note pro
Thanks TheFifth999, it helped me. I have a pixel phone, and the usb-c adapter for that doesn't work with the note pro. Now I know why, and can look for a passive one
RedCentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #14
bit101
Connoisseur

I can confirm that these adapters work with my Nova Pro: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXJL8MR/