Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Hey, I won a Kobo!

I entered their photo contest and found out today that I'm a winner! I'd been expecting an email if I won, and since I haven't received one, I figured I was passed over. But I happened upon this link and there I am ("Ghosts Backstage at Barnum Hall") in the winners' circle!

Now I want that Orbitz guy on his flying car to deliver it already!

View winning entries here (for the moment):

http://blog.kobobooks.com/
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Congratulations! May i ask which of the nine winning photos was yours?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
there I am ("Ghosts Backstage at Barnum Hall")
Top right corner in the gird
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
I would have liked to enter the contest too as I was reading my Kobo in a hospital bed after surgery, but alas I was not aware of the contest until after I was discharged!!
Good for you J. Strnad!!
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Top right corner in the gird
Where have i left my glasses? Thanks.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
I entered their photo contest and found out today that I'm a winner! I'd been expecting an email if I won, and since I haven't received one, I figured I was passed over. But I happened upon this link and there I am ("Ghosts Backstage at Barnum Hall") in the winners' circle!
Cool picture. You should go to Gelaskins and get the picture turned into a cover for your Kobo to commemorate the win. ;-)
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Wow, congratulations!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Hey, that's way more excellent than just taking out your wallet! I work in a theatre, too, so your snap is especially appreciated. (Although you are either way more important than me, or snuck in secretly, because that's the last place I get a chance to perch on a stool and catch up on my e-reading!)
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
nefferbea
nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.nefferbea is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony PRS600, ipod touch, Sony 950
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
nefferbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks for the congratulations! The last thing I won was a bunch of record albums from a local radio station over 30 years ago!

Corona: Well, it's theater, isn't it? Though I kind of doubt that a lot of people actually read hanging upside down on monkey bars or bouncing on a trampoline, either.

Hey, that gelskins idea is a good one! I'm waiting until the Kobo is actually in my hands before ordering any accessories, though. I don't mean to seem ungrateful (on the contrary, I'm very grateful for this contest and for being selected as a finalist!) but honestly, I heard about the win over a blog I kind of happened upon. Would have expected an email or phone call or something...it's only 9 winners, after all.

I hope they're just overwhelmed with meeting the demand for Kobos!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
My partner (pictured with a horse) won one as well.

We (her and you) should be contacted by them in the "following 4 business days", so expect to be contacted sometime during the week.

I already own a Kobo and she can't wait to get her hands on it as well!

Aniello
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
J. Strnad
Guru

Aniello,

Where did you read the "following 4 business days"? I can't find that anywhere!

Thanks! Having a time frame really helps me. Otherwise I worry that I've been lost or forgotten or something.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #13
anidel
Zealot

Here in the rules, right after the draw dates:

http://blog.kobobooks.com/ereadandwin_rules/

Quote:
Those persons initially selected (“Selected Entrants”) after review will be contacted by email or telephone within four (4) business days of the Draw Date.
I guess "those" are the winners.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
J. Strnad
Guru

Thanks, and thanks for the link. I've actually pre-ordered a Kobo from Borders but I don't want to cancel the order until I have this one in hand. And if I like it and my wife likes it, I'll give the "paid" Kobo to her.

I hope that's your place in the photo, because it looks gorgeous!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #15
anidel
Zealot

No it's not

We are in Kamloops and we went for a nice horseback riding experience in Wells Gray Provincial Park 2 hrs driving north of here...

Great place for a ride!

We actually planned to take a picture ON the horse in the woods while riding.. but unfortunately it started raining, so we postponed to picture at the end of the ride.