Notices

Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fillable forms

Hello there,
I am pretty sure that this cannot be done with the ePub or mobi formats and I know that it would depend on the eReading device's capabilities but is there any way of having a form that could be filled in without leaving the screen.
I have been asked by someone if it is possible to have a book that the reader would be able to answer a question on the screen by tapping in the answer (I know it would have to be with something like the iPad)
My question is can it be done design the ePub or mobi formats say by using forms. Or would the book have to be done as a PDF?
Thanks in advance
Soparch
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It can be done in ePUB3. Multiple choice (like the old adventure books) is possible in ePUB2.

In ePUB3 javascript like things are possible. Your market would be minimized thought, the majority does not support ePUB3.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
It can definitely be done, but requires a solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript, and so far the resulting ePub can only be read on an iPad.

Here's an example video by French ebook designer Walrus Studio who uses all of the above for an interactive ebook.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote