Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
PhillEvansDraws
Digital Illustrator
PhillEvansDraws began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Question Illustrator and reader.

Hi folks

My name is Phill and I live in the West Midlands in England and I am a freelance illustrator. I was given a PR-600 for my birthday last year and I am *HOOKED*

Being a creative sort, I am now on a mission to bring illustrations to ereaders in a way which doesnt interrupt the readers flow (I have read some books where the text and the illustrations merge weirdly into each other and others where they seem to demand whole blank pages before and after them...most peculiar.)

So...if anyone has any hints as to how I might do this, or pet hates about ebook illustrations that you would like someone to address then do let me know! I make no promises (I am a noob after all) but I'm on a journey so anything could be achieved....

Phil
PhillEvansDraws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Phil and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hello Phil, and welcome to Mobileread. I've just been reading "Gentlemen of the Road", by Michael Chabon. Not his best writing, but it does have illustrations which seem to work quite well in epub format. Don't know about the coding to achieve what they did, but it seems like a good example.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Have a look in the formats forum, or maybe the Sony Forum for help ... and good luck !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, Phil. Betcha you'd get one heck of an enthusiastic response if you opened a thread with your idea in one of the sub forums. Very best wishes and good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drawing, freelance, illustration, illustrator