Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #16
solyfugo
solyfugo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinc View Post
...Amazon won't ship "electronics" to Canada...
No necessary. Try this M-Edge

Regards
solyfugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #17
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
And with the shipping costs to the UK it doubles the price! Now, who do I know going to the US for a few weeks. Ah yes, my son. Now then................
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Wouldn't you know it, when I ordered mine only the Saddle was $14.99 now that mine arrived there are several more colors at that price.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #19
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
And with the shipping costs to the UK it doubles the price! Now, who do I know going to the US for a few weeks. Ah yes, my son. Now then................
There's a seller on eBay based in the UK that has pretty decent prices... check "cover 505 600" and you're there. It just won't say it's a M-Edge, but it's a M-Edge. Very happy with both my purchases
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #20
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Hey folks.

I had a couple of questions and I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer them for me:

1) Will the PRS-700 M-edge covers work with the PRS-505. The reason I'm asking is because they are much cheaper on Amazon and from what I can find, both readers have similar dimensions.

2) How good is this case for travelling in terms of protection? I can understand that it probably isn't as robust as something like the book armor case, but is it strong enough to protect the reader for small drops, and also when packed in a travel bag with a bunch of other things?

Thanks a lot!
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
My answer for #2 is yes, makes a decent protector. It is clearly not in the same class as a rigid case but I'd say as good as the original cover, maybe better because it clasps shut. So far I have not desired anything more protective for my travels. Two more months and it'll be two years of survival for my reader (which did need a power switch replacement but not due to anything other than use!).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #22
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
My answer for #2 is yes, makes a decent protector. It is clearly not in the same class as a rigid case but I'd say as good as the original cover, maybe better because it clasps shut. So far I have not desired anything more protective for my travels. Two more months and it'll be two years of survival for my reader (which did need a power switch replacement but not due to anything other than use!).
Thanks . I also found out from another thread here on MR that the PRS 700 m-edge covers do indeed work with the PRS-505! That means I am going to be receiving a nice new cover very soon
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Argh! Anyone have one of these to sell to a Canadian who can't get one? Amazon won't ship "electronics" to Canada, which includes the leather covers. Argh!! (Seriously, if you'd be willing to do a PayPal thing and bought a couple at the sale price and are willing to part with one...) Thanks!

PM'ing you
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
maggie*
PRS addicted...
maggie* began at the beginning.

Has anyone seen the EASYi pink cover? Is it really bubble gum pink?

They are at a really nice price at Amazon UK (£10,71)... anda I think it will look great with the grey PRS505... almost classy... I know use the trifold cover (also great) but I would like something more colourful and in real leather...

m*
maggie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #25
maggie*
PRS addicted...

Forget it... They don't ship it to Spain...

I hate these restrictions!!! Thay said that they now also shipped electronics for the rest of europe, apparently it's not true...

Last edited by maggie*; 10-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi everybody. I got a CaseLogic hard-type case - my dad lives in Virginia and I'm down for my 1/2 sister's wedding and we went to Best Buy (and he bought it, so how could I say no?) - it's not a leather one (which I really wanted) but it VERY protective and I LOVE the zipper -- keeps dust etc. out, and this is a GOOD THING. It's for the new model but it fits the 505 perfectly. You kindof have to stick your finger in there to turn it on and off, but the elastic straps are stretchy. The more I have it the more I like it - no more stress about just chucking my reader into my bag. Plus it's really light, and the cover opens up completely and so you sort of "hold" the suede part, which feels nice. ;0)
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #27
kurtoregon
kurtoregon began at the beginning.

Quote:
Hi everybody. I got a CaseLogic hard-type case - my dad lives in Virginia and I'm down for my 1/2 sister's wedding and we went to Best Buy (and he bought it, so how could I say no?) - it's not a leather one (which I really wanted) but it VERY protective and I LOVE the zipper -- keeps dust etc. out, and this is a GOOD THING. It's for the new model but it fits the 505 perfectly. You kindof have to stick your finger in there to turn it on and off, but the elastic straps are stretchy. The more I have it the more I like it - no more stress about just chucking my reader into my bag. Plus it's really light, and the cover opens up completely and so you sort of "hold" the suede part, which feels nice. ;0)
Hi,

Just wondering how protective this case is. Is it just soft/flexible neoprene, or does it have some hard material underneath? Would it protect the screen from being jabbed by something in a bag with it? Thanks for more info.
kurtoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
kurtoregon
kurtoregon began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtoregon View Post
Hi,

Just wondering how protective this case is. Is it just soft/flexible neoprene, or does it have some hard material underneath? Would it protect the screen from being jabbed by something in a bag with it? Thanks for more info.
Answering my own question, because I stopped by Best Buy today to take a look at one. They had to dig it out of the back for me; I guess they're still getting ereader merchandising set up.

It's a solid case, with fairly stiff inserts in the front and back that should provide good protection for the screen. Though made for the Touch, it fits a 505 very well too. 505 seems a tiny bit wider than the Touch so you have to apply a little pressure to get it to fit, but it seems snug once inserted.
kurtoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #29
maggie*
PRS addicted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
has anyone bought the fuchsia or purple m edge cover? I already have a black one but at these prices I want to buy another. Is the fuchsia really a pink? and how vibrant is the purple one? The pictures seem to change a bit in color depending on which computer I am currently on.
I just got the pink and the purple one (700 cover for my 505, great price even with the shipping costs). I got both because I couldn't decide, and if you assume paying the shipping to Europe, ordering one more cover is not much .

They are both lovely and fit perfectly my 505. The fuchsia is not too shocking, is dark pink. The purple is very original, for a more discreet look.
Both are very classy and much sturdier than I expected, the front and back covers have a hard backing that protects the reader very well.

m*